LSAC # on Resume

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
simplycatalina
Posts: 949
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:41 pm

LSAC # on Resume

Postby simplycatalina » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:06 am

I already submitted 5 apps and I just realized I probably should've included my LSAC number on my resume. I wasn't thinking. Is it a big deal that I didn't? I have it on my PS and my optional statements but not the resume.

Trout et al
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:36 pm

Re: LSAC # on Resume

Postby Trout et al » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:08 am

I didn't put it on anything. Did any of the directions say to?

20141023
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: LSAC # on Resume

Postby 20141023 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:08 am

.
Last edited by 20141023 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: LSAC # on Resume

Postby gaud » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:09 am

You'll be fine.

20141023
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: LSAC # on Resume

Postby 20141023 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:10 am

.
Last edited by 20141023 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

toothbrush
Posts: 2388
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Re: LSAC # on Resume

Postby toothbrush » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:18 am

kappycaft1 wrote:
Trout et al wrote:I didn't put it on anything. Did any of the directions say to?

If you applied to the T14 I am pretty sure most of the instructions tell you to. It is common sense/courtesy to do it in case the papers become shuffled or something.

Do "papers" get "shuffled" these days ? I really hope our docs aren't printed and put into folders. That sounds like a logistical nightmare. I'd assume they have it on the computer. I titled my Docs with " Name Name - PS / Resume - LSAC# " assuming it's all on the computer. Here's to hoping. Regardless, OP, don't worry about it.

User avatar
TripTrip
Posts: 2739
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:52 am

Re: LSAC # on Resume

Postby TripTrip » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:18 am

kappycaft1 wrote:I don't think it will necessarily hurt you, although it would have been good

kappycaft1 wrote:the instructions tell you to. It is common sense

Dude, you're going to scare people being that vague.

The AdComm is not going to weigh your application based on whether or not you put your LSAC account number on your resume. Period.

User avatar
Teflon_Don
Posts: 474
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:04 pm

Re: LSAC # on Resume

Postby Teflon_Don » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:31 am

cbarlow1016 wrote:I already submitted 5 apps and I just realized I probably should've included my LSAC number on my resume. I wasn't thinking. Is it a big deal that I didn't? I have it on my PS and my optional statements but not the resume.


It doesn't matter.

User avatar
jselson
Posts: 6337
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:51 am

Re: LSAC # on Resume

Postby jselson » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:54 am

kappycaft1 wrote:
Trout et al wrote:I didn't put it on anything. Did any of the directions say to?

If you applied to the T14 I am pretty sure most of the instructions tell you to. It is common sense/courtesy to do it in case the papers become shuffled or something.


The instructions for at least the t14 don't say anything about it, while many of them say to do it for your personal statement. So I doubt it matters (and none of Harvard's sample resumes have even fake numbers on them.)

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: LSAC # on Resume

Postby dproduct » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:43 am

I never did and it hasn't mattered in the least bit. Don't fret.

B90
Posts: 264
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:08 pm

Re: LSAC # on Resume

Postby B90 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:16 am

Doesn't your resume have your name on it? :wink:

While it is common practice to put your LSAC # on PS, etc. in case they get "lost" in a pile, it's not like adcoms are throwing a big pile of apps on the floor and fornicating all over it. They won't get THAT mixed up. You will be fine.

20141023
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:17 am

Re: LSAC # on Resume

Postby 20141023 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:52 am

.
Last edited by 20141023 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: LSAC # on Resume

Postby dproduct » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:17 pm

B90 wrote:Doesn't your resume have your name on it? :wink:

While it is common practice to put your LSAC # on PS, etc. in case they get "lost" in a pile, it's not like adcoms are throwing a big pile of apps on the floor and fornicating all over it. They won't get THAT mixed up. You will be fine.


this made me lol

B90
Posts: 264
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:08 pm

Re: LSAC # on Resume

Postby B90 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:40 pm

dproduct wrote:
B90 wrote:Doesn't your resume have your name on it? :wink:

While it is common practice to put your LSAC # on PS, etc. in case they get "lost" in a pile, it's not like adcoms are throwing a big pile of apps on the floor and fornicating all over it. They won't get THAT mixed up. You will be fine.


this made me lol

That was the point. We drive ourselves crazy trying to micromanage every detail. Getting into the school of your dreams won't do you any good if you work up an ulcer.

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: LSAC # on Resume

Postby wtrc » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:24 pm

B90 wrote:
dproduct wrote:
B90 wrote:Doesn't your resume have your name on it? :wink:

While it is common practice to put your LSAC # on PS, etc. in case they get "lost" in a pile, it's not like adcoms are throwing a big pile of apps on the floor and fornicating all over it. They won't get THAT mixed up. You will be fine.


this made me lol

That was the point. We drive ourselves crazy trying to micromanage every detail. Getting into the school of your dreams won't do you any good if you work up an ulcer.


Hmm, I would probably take that trade.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dodocogon, fattsdomino, nerdylsat, sakanaya and 2 guests