Applications and February LSAT

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
nmare

Applications and February LSAT

Postby nmare » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:10 pm

I have not yet applied to any schools because I'm waiting to take the February LSAT (took December and didn't get the score I need). I am an URM so I read that sending out late applications won't affect my chances as much as a non-URM applicant, but I have a few questions. My goal is to get into a t6 school but 5/6 have February application deadlines. Should I apply to these schools now and ask them to not consider my application until my February LSAT score comes in--I'm assuming via email? Will I still be considered at those 5 schools even with my late LSAT? All responses are appreciated.

TheThriller

Re: Applications and February LSAT

Postby TheThriller » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:26 pm

You could apply and ask them to hold you application or you could apply next cycle which could significantly improve your chances at acceptance and scholarship money.

TripTrip

Postby TripTrip » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:57 pm

If I'm not mistaken, all but Yale will not accept February scores.

I think next cycle may be your best bet if you can kill the LSAT.

nmare

Postby nmare » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:42 am

^
Harvard states that they do not typically consider February LSAT's--so I'm wondering how rare it is for them (or other t6 schools) to consider that score. Do you guys still think I should wait out a cycle given my URM status and the general consensus (based on LSN data, I assume) of us not getting admitted to these schools until ~April?

MarkKnows87

Postby MarkKnows87 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:34 am

Well I know Stanford will actually consider a February Score you just have to submit it in writing and wait to see if they approve it. I know from my own personal experience Cornell has held my application to allow me to take the February test. I honestly do not know if it depends on what type of URM you are but I believe they will hold off until the score is there if they see fit to do so. Also you can place your current score on the application then also put you will be taking the February LSAT. My apologies if this was not the answer you needed. Just tried to give my input. By the way I would just ask and explain your situation. The worst they can do is say no. Good luck in what you choose to do. And remember to always have faith as you never know what might can happen.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”