Waitlist Advice!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
zorro.99

Waitlist Advice!

Postby zorro.99 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:02 pm

Sorry if similar topics have been posted already! Just looking for some advice based on my personal situation.

I just got waitlisted at Georgetown and put on the "regular" list, so after some research I've realized the likelihood of getting in isn't high.

Is there anything I can do at this point to increase my chances? My LSAT is LOW...162. My GPA is fine, 3.74.

Would re-taking the LSAT make a difference at this point? I'm just worried I'll do even worse given I only have a month until the February test and haven't even looked at anything LSAT-related since June.

I'm definitely going to be sending in a LOCI asap to express how interested I am. Should I also consider getting an extra letter of recommendation? I can ask some of my professors and I knew an alum who would probably be willing to write one.

Any advice would be very much appreciated!!!!!!!

TripTrip

Re: Waitlist Advice!

Postby TripTrip » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:11 pm

Retake in June/Sept and reapply next cycle. And for the love of God don't ED G-town.

North

Postby North » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:51 pm

TripTrip wrote:Retake in June/Sept and reapply next cycle. And for the love of God don't ED G-town.

This. Don't waste the GPA. Waiting 12 months could save you hundreds of thousands of dollars if you use the time to put work into the LSAT.

Don't settle.

zorro.99

Postby zorro.99 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:38 pm

Thank you both! Definitely going to consider that.

For the time being though, any suggestions on what my plan of attack should be? In regards to re-taking and sending extra letters?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”