Deposit info on status checker before decision is posted?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
JayJones78

Deposit info on status checker before decision is posted?

Postby JayJones78 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:55 pm

For the second time I am seeing this on one of my status checkers:

Fee type Date Due Amt. Due Amt. Paid Date Paid
Application Fee Paid 0.00 Waived
First Deposit Paid 0.00 .00
Second Deposit Paid 0.00 .00

This one is from my WUSTL checker. Same thing happened with W&L and then today I was accepted and the amounts and due dates changed.
Does this signal anything? In other apps' checker page I don't have that and only see the app fee under the Fees section on the checker page.

Was wondering if someone had this as well or knows if it means anything at all.

Thanks!

Dmini7

Re: Deposit info on status checker before decision is posted?

Postby Dmini7 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:05 pm

I am pretty sure it means nothing, but I am also interested. I think schools just vary on how they utilize the functions on the status checker and it may signal your application is in review or about to go in review. (I noticed two of the schools I applied to have that, one is in review, and the other was where I have ED'ed too).

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:10 pm

Dmini7 wrote:I am pretty sure it means nothing, but I am also interested. I think schools just vary on how they utilize the functions on the status checker and it may signal your application is in review or about to go in review. (I noticed two of the schools I applied to have that, one is in review, and the other was where I have ED'ed too).

I thought it was nothing as well until the W&L acceptance and that's what made me wonder of it has any meaning

Dmini7

Postby Dmini7 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:13 pm

JayJones78 wrote:
Dmini7 wrote:I am pretty sure it means nothing, but I am also interested. I think schools just vary on how they utilize the functions on the status checker and it may signal your application is in review or about to go in review. (I noticed two of the schools I applied to have that, one is in review, and the other was where I have ED'ed too).

I thought it was nothing as well until the W&L acceptance and that's what made me wonder of it has any meaning

Let's hope you are right :). I definitely would love to know its true, that means I am in at my dream school :D

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:19 pm

Dmini7 wrote:
JayJones78 wrote:

Let's hope you are right :). I definitely would love to know its true, that means I am in at my dream school :D

:D I hope so too. I just thought its interesting because it happened only in some checker pages and then I was accepted by W&L :oops:

TheThriller

Postby TheThriller » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:06 pm

it means nothing.

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:26 pm

TheThriller wrote:it means nothing.

Starting to believe the same :oops:

I do wonder why some school utilize it and some don't :wink:

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”