C&F: Question about PROBATION

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jared6180

Bronze

C&F: Question about PROBATION

Postby jared6180 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:49 am

The word "probation" scares me. I have never been on probation for any sort of crime. I have been on Academic Probation at the beginning of college when I blew some classes off. Is this even relevant to C&F?

TripTrip

Gold

Re: C&F: Question about PROBATION

Postby TripTrip » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:51 am

jared6180 wrote:The word "probation" scares me. I have never been on probation for any sort of crime. I have been on Academic Probation at the beginning of college when I blew some classes off. Is this even relevant to C&F?

Very relevant for the academic questions but not for the criminal questions.

The C&F is different for each school, so just pay attention to which question you're answering.

manofjustice

Silver

Postby manofjustice » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:54 am

Why do we get all these friggin questions about C&F. The answer is always the same. "Yes, you have to report it. The question asks you to. Unless you want to lie and endanger your chance of becoming a lawyer or staying a lawyer, you have to report it. No, the admission's committee probably won't give a damm."

Like a broken record round here...

TripTrip

Gold

Postby TripTrip » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:57 am

manofjustice wrote:Why do we get all these friggin questions about C&F. The answer is always the same. "Yes, you have to report it. The question asks you to. Unless you want to lie and endanger your chance of becoming a lawyer or staying a lawyer, you have to report it. No, the admission's committee probably won't give a damm."

I think the OP read "probation" in the crime question. For that one, no s/he should not disclose, because it's not probation from a conviction. The disclosure should only be on the academic question.

dingbat

Gold

Postby dingbat » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:00 am

manofjustice wrote:Why do we get all these friggin questions about C&F

lots of noobs

It's old hat to us, but new (and important) for them

bluepenguin

Bronze

Postby bluepenguin » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:09 am

TripTrip wrote:
manofjustice wrote:Why do we get all these friggin questions about C&F. The answer is always the same. "Yes, you have to report it. The question asks you to. Unless you want to lie and endanger your chance of becoming a lawyer or staying a lawyer, you have to report it. No, the admission's committee probably won't give a damm."

I think the OP read "probation" in the crime question. For that one, no s/he should not disclose, because it's not probation from a conviction. The disclosure should only be on the academic question.

Isn't that worse? Being ignorant of C&F rules is kind of understandable for an applicant. They ought to be able to read the question, though, right?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�