Notify Schools to hold application until February LSAT?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lb616
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:32 pm

Notify Schools to hold application until February LSAT?

Postby lb616 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:36 pm

Due to a turn of events, I am retaking the LSAT in February. I have been accepted at several schools but most have not responded. I am worried that I may get dinged at some schools prior to the February LSAT score being released and submitted. Can I/should I notify the schools thatI have not heard back from to hold my application until the scores come in? Your thoughts?

Thanks

giltzer14
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:20 pm

Re: Notify Schools to hold application until February LSAT?

Postby giltzer14 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:58 pm

Tough call. I think it's a personal assessment you are going to have to make. Putting a hold on your application definitely doesn't help your chances for an acceptance, but if you feel that you will get a much better LSAT score then I say it's worth it...

I have a related question. I'm in a somewhat similar situation as you. I have already applied to law schools and have gotten acceptances from a few already. Does registering for the Feb LSAT notify schools about this future test date? I'd rather just register and take the test without them noticing. That way, if the score is better, I can negotiate acceptances/denials/waitlists/scholarships with schools that are willing to talk. If it's worse, they just won't know then?

Your thoughts?

User avatar
TheThriller
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Re: Notify Schools to hold application until February LSAT?

Postby TheThriller » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:27 am

giltzer14 wrote:Tough call. I think it's a personal assessment you are going to have to make. Putting a hold on your application definitely doesn't help your chances for an acceptance, but if you feel that you will get a much better LSAT score then I say it's worth it...

I have a related question. I'm in a somewhat similar situation as you. I have already applied to law schools and have gotten acceptances from a few already. Does registering for the Feb LSAT notify schools about this future test date? I'd rather just register and take the test without them noticing. That way, if the score is better, I can negotiate acceptances/denials/waitlists/scholarships with schools that are willing to talk. If it's worse, they just won't know then?

Your thoughts?


I am in the same boat as you. Retaking for scholarship/waitlists and the prospect that a better score will allow me to crack the T14

Yes, some schools are notified that you are registered for another LSAT. This shows up on the report LSAC sends to the school and you can see what schools are waiting on your Feb score by the unchecked "Future LSAT" box on your status checker page.

giltzer14
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:20 pm

Re: Notify Schools to hold application until February LSAT?

Postby giltzer14 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:39 am

TheThriller, thanks for the reply.

You said that it will show up on the report they send the law schools...but what if the report was already sent a month ago? Will a new report be sent again? In that case, they will not be aware of a future LSAT. If it's an electronic notification, then I am probably wrong...

lb616
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:32 pm

Re: Notify Schools to hold application until February LSAT?

Postby lb616 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:22 am

giltzer14 wrote:Tough call. I think it's a personal assessment you are going to have to make. Putting a hold on your application definitely doesn't help your chances for an acceptance, but if you feel that you will get a much better LSAT score then I say it's worth it...

Thanks




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], jtawil and 10 guests