LSAT Score Addendum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
MrSwaggums

LSAT Score Addendum

Postby MrSwaggums » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:50 pm

Is this an effective addendum in regard to disparity in LSAT scores? Thanks

I received a score of 152 on the October 2012 LSAT; I suffer from frequent migraines and unfortunately had one the day this LSAT was administered. I am normally able to overcome the adverse effects that migraines present due to the fact I have become used to dealing with them, however, on the test day, the migraine coupled with the stress of the exam was a definite hindrance to me. I contemplated canceling my score but ultimately decided not to. I retook the LSAT in December 2012 free of any ailments and received a score of 161. I feel the latter score is a much more accurate representation of my abilities in regard to law school performance.

B90

Re: LSAT Score Addendum

Postby B90 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:54 pm

MrSwaggums wrote:Is this an effective addendum in regard to disparity in LSAT scores? Thanks

I received a score of 152 on the October 2012 LSAT; I suffer from frequent migraines and unfortunately had one the day this LSAT was administered. I am normally able to overcome the adverse effects that migraines present due to the fact I have become used to dealing with them, however, on the test day, the migraine coupled with the stress of the exam was a definite hindrance to me. I contemplated canceling my score but ultimately decided not to. I retook the LSAT in December 2012 free of any ailments and received a score of 161. I feel the latter score is a much more accurate representation of my abilities in regard to law school performance.

This is a good start, but too wordy.
"I suffer from frequent migraines, and I unfortunately had one on the day the October 2012 LSAT was administered. I am normally able to overcome the adverse effects that migraines present. However, on test day the migraine coupled with the stress of the exam was a definite hindrance to me. I retook the LSAT in December 2012, and improved my score by nine points. The latter score is a more accurate reflection of my abilities."

This not only addresses any "concerns," by plays up the positive (nine point jump! Congrats!) while downplaying the negatives by not mentioning the actual scores. They have that info. You do not want your first sentence to mention your 152, since that is not what you want them to remember.
I am glad to hear you were able to overcome that awful situation. A migraine on test day is one of every LSAT taker's worst nightmares. Good luck.

MrSwaggums

Postby MrSwaggums » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:42 pm

^ thanks for the edit, and for your congratulations

manofjustice

Postby manofjustice » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:56 pm

MrSwaggums wrote:Is this an effective addendum in regard to disparity in LSAT scores? Thanks

I received a score of 152 on the October 2012 LSAT; I suffer from frequent migraines and unfortunately had one the day this LSAT was administered. I am normally able to overcome the adverse effects that migraines present due to the fact because I have become used to dealing with them,; however, on the test day, the migraine, coupled with the stress of the exam, was a definite hindrance to me. I contemplated canceling my score but ultimately decided not to. I retook the LSAT in December 2012 free of any ailments and received a score of 161. I feel tThe latter score is a much more accurate representation of my abilitiesin regard to law school performance.

MrSwaggums

Postby MrSwaggums » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:06 pm

Thanks

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”