Post December Fee Waivers

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
FlowBro
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:15 pm

Post December Fee Waivers

Postby FlowBro » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:43 am

When can we expect fee waivers to get sent out by CCN specifically?

FlowBro
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:15 pm

Re: Post December Fee Waivers

Postby FlowBro » Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:56 pm

Anybody from last cycle have any ideas or thoughts?

efin12
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:34 pm

Re: Post December Fee Waivers

Postby efin12 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:19 pm

Just found a hidden fee waiver for NYU

173/3.6

TrustInMusic
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:39 pm

Re: Post December Fee Waivers

Postby TrustInMusic » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:15 pm

I received a waiver from Columbia today via email

User avatar
scruffy556
Posts: 219
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:49 pm

Re: Post December Fee Waivers

Postby scruffy556 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:29 pm

TrustInMusic wrote:I received a waiver from Columbia today via email


As did I, and with my horrendous LSAT score I'm guessing they gave one to literally everyone signed up for CRS

Cellar-door
Posts: 370
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:33 pm

Re: Post December Fee Waivers

Postby Cellar-door » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:15 pm

scruffy556 wrote:
TrustInMusic wrote:I received a waiver from Columbia today via email


As did I, and with my horrendous LSAT score I'm guessing they gave one to literally everyone signed up for CRS

Nope, since I didn't get one with a good LSAT and abysmal GPA.
Did just get a Penn though.

eyfl
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:28 am

Re: Post December Fee Waivers

Postby eyfl » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:18 pm

Cellar-door wrote:
scruffy556 wrote:
TrustInMusic wrote:I received a waiver from Columbia today via email


As did I, and with my horrendous LSAT score I'm guessing they gave one to literally everyone signed up for CRS

Nope, since I didn't get one with a good LSAT and abysmal GPA.
Did just get a Penn though.


I guess they send them out in waves. I've got both from Penn and Columbia. In Columbia email they say they gave it on the basis of LSAT alone. Hope this is a good sign that apps are way down! :P

FlowBro
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:15 pm

Re: Post December Fee Waivers

Postby FlowBro » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:26 pm

Just got Penn and NYU hidden...should I be concerned if no Columbia yet?

Cellar-door
Posts: 370
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:33 pm

Re: Post December Fee Waivers

Postby Cellar-door » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:27 pm

eyfl wrote:
Cellar-door wrote:
scruffy556 wrote:
TrustInMusic wrote:I received a waiver from Columbia today via email


As did I, and with my horrendous LSAT score I'm guessing they gave one to literally everyone signed up for CRS

Nope, since I didn't get one with a good LSAT and abysmal GPA.
Did just get a Penn though.


I guess they send them out in waves. I've got both from Penn and Columbia. In Columbia email they say they gave it on the basis of LSAT alone. Hope this is a good sign that apps are way down! :P

Nice, I'll keep a lookout.
Also an NU hidden hit my account at the same time as the Penn waiver I think, so check for that.

FlowBro
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:15 pm

Re: Post December Fee Waivers

Postby FlowBro » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:30 pm

Congrats on NU...good to see there is some action in their admissions office. I tried calling them twice but no answer

User avatar
HawkeyeGirl
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 9:13 pm

Re: Post December Fee Waivers

Postby HawkeyeGirl » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:54 pm

I received hidden waivers from NYU and UVA today, so check those!

User avatar
onewon
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:26 pm

Re: Post December Fee Waivers

Postby onewon » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:09 pm

Hidden NYU and Michigan, email from Penn!

jackbauer10
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:12 pm

Re: Post December Fee Waivers

Postby jackbauer10 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:37 pm

Hidden Michigan & UVA, Penn & Georgetown by email!!

Hopefullyfuturelaw
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:24 pm

Re: Post December Fee Waivers

Postby Hopefullyfuturelaw » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:45 pm

How does one find if they received a hidden fee waiver? I already sent in my applications to nyu and Colombia but I read that they refund your fee if you are eligible. Should I solicit a fee waiver from them?

Cellar-door
Posts: 370
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:33 pm

Re: Post December Fee Waivers

Postby Cellar-door » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:50 pm

Hopefullyfuturelaw wrote:How does one find if they received a hidden fee waiver? I already sent in my applications to nyu and Colombia but I read that they refund your fee if you are eligible. Should I solicit a fee waiver from them?

Hidden means it comes up when you checkout. If you already applied you'll have to hope for an email.

aleahey
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:36 pm

Re: Post December Fee Waivers

Postby aleahey » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:57 pm

Temple, UCLA and Charlotte (!!!) by email!

User avatar
simplycatalina
Posts: 949
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Re: Post December Fee Waivers

Postby simplycatalina » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:59 pm

William and Mary, Emory, Temple, and Washington University in St. Louis by email

jackbauer10
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:12 pm

Re: Post December Fee Waivers

Postby jackbauer10 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:12 pm

And Vanderbilt via email!

FlowBro
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:15 pm

Re: Post December Fee Waivers

Postby FlowBro » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:14 pm

Anybody get Columbia or UChicago today?

Cellar-door
Posts: 370
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:33 pm

Re: Post December Fee Waivers

Postby Cellar-door » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:48 pm

Richmond just sent me two within the space of two hours.
None from schools I was hoping for though (WUSTL, Cornell, UM) guess I'll have to send out some emails on Wed.

User avatar
Dmini7
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:20 pm

Re: Post December Fee Waivers

Postby Dmini7 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:56 pm

the notable ones I got today were Columbia, UT, Vandy, ND, WUSTL, Emory, and W&M. I am a URM though, so that probably makes my information useless to some of you :/

jackbauer10
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:12 pm

Re: Post December Fee Waivers

Postby jackbauer10 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:00 pm

Dmini7 wrote:the notable ones I got today were Columbia, UT, Vandy, ND, WUSTL, Emory, and W&M. I am a URM though, so that probably makes my information useless to some of you :/


Anyone not a URM that got Texas yet?

aleahey
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:36 pm

Re: Post December Fee Waivers

Postby aleahey » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:01 pm

Cellar-door wrote:Richmond just sent me two within the space of two hours.
None from schools I was hoping for though (WUSTL, Cornell, UM) guess I'll have to send out some emails on Wed.


I think those doubles are misfires of the email system -- are you by chance a 2 LSAT-taker?

FlowBro
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:15 pm

Re: Post December Fee Waivers

Postby FlowBro » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:06 pm

jackbauer10 wrote:
Dmini7 wrote:the notable ones I got today were Columbia, UT, Vandy, ND, WUSTL, Emory, and W&M. I am a URM though, so that probably makes my information useless to some of you :/


Anyone not a URM that got Texas yet?


Yes. 170/3.8

User avatar
sinfiery
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: Post December Fee Waivers

Postby sinfiery » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:11 pm

jackbauer10 wrote:
Dmini7 wrote:the notable ones I got today were Columbia, UT, Vandy, ND, WUSTL, Emory, and W&M. I am a URM though, so that probably makes my information useless to some of you :/


Anyone not a URM that got Texas yet?

I had to solicit a UT waiver and it took 3-4 emails to do it after October when others got it automatically.
But it eventually worked.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: carlos_danger, ds14 and 6 guests