Add any schools to my list? New England schools.

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
B90

Re: Add any schools to my list? New England schools.

Postby B90 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:24 pm

xodaryll wrote:
B90 wrote:OP, if you answer a few questions, I can give you more helpful advice.
Do you currently live in NE or are you planning to move here?
Do you have fee waivers for any of these schools?
What city would you ideally like to practice in?
Do you have a family to consider?

I live in NE (live in MA, go to school in CT).
I have fee waivers for all of the schools I have applied to (not LSAC, I either received or asked for them).
I would most likely want to live in MA (Boston area probably) or CT (around Hartford), open to the idea of living in CT and commuting to NYC maybe.
No family of my own- still in undergrad!

Ok, this is all very helpful. Apply to Harvard, BU, BC, Suffolk, UConn, and Fordham. Remember that even with a fee waiver, it is $21 per school, so assuming you are paying Harvard's app fee, you are over $200 so far. Not sure how much of a consideration that is for
you.

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:25 pm

B90 wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:Retake and then Yale/Harvard will easily be within reach.

This is true. However, if you can afford the $121 fee, I would toss an app at Harvard. This cycle, you never know.
Do you have a good PS/DS or interesting softs? I mean, you are far from an auto-reject.
You could always apply AND retake. If this is possible for you, this is honestly what I would do. Also, I am happy to edit your PS/DS when you get to that point.

How is a 3.9/162 not an auto-reject at Harvard? Be real, might as well light that $121 on fire.

OP, retake the LSAT.

B90

Postby B90 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:34 pm

BigZuck wrote:
B90 wrote:

This is true. However, if you can afford the $121 fee, I would toss an app at Harvard. This cycle, you never know.
Do you have a good PS/DS or interesting softs? I mean, you are far from an auto-reject.
You could always apply AND retake. If this is possible for you, this is honestly what I would do. Also, I am happy to edit your PS/DS when you get to that point.

How is a 3.9/162 not an auto-reject at Harvard? Be real, might as well light that $121 on fire.

OP, retake the LSAT.

I didn't say it was likely or even a better idea than placing $121 on black in Vegas. It is a serious longshot, but OP may be a gambler with money to burn. To be clear, I am suggesting applying AND retaking. Definitely retake.

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:36 pm

B90 wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
B90 wrote:

OP, retake the LSAT.

I didn't say it was likely or even a better idea than placing $121 on black in Vegas. It is a serious longshot, but OP may be a gambler with money to burn. To be clear, I am suggesting applying AND retaking. Definitely retake.

More akin to putting it on 0, then letting it ride for a few spins

B90

Postby B90 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:48 pm

dingbat wrote:
B90 wrote:

More akin to putting it on 0, then letting it ride for a few spins

Six of one/half dozen of another. Also, I am disappointed you didn't acknowledge/appreciate what I did with the phrase "money to burn" :wink:

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”