Feb retake for CURRENT cycle advice

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
red52

Feb retake for CURRENT cycle advice

Postby red52 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:11 pm

Hi, so I got a 162 on the December LSAT, but I know I can do much better (167+).

My question is:

If I retake in Feb. and start applying now, is there anyway I can get my application held by schools who require a higher LSAT for admission? And if I can, is it worth it? What are the chances I get into a better school or get more money to schools I will already be accepted into with a 162?

This applies to THIS CYCLE ONLY. I am going to LS this coming august, so please no "re-take in June and reapply" comments, though I know that's what the average response will want to be.

Thanks in advance.

red52

Re: Feb retake for CURRENT cycle advice

Postby red52 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:43 pm

Wormfather wrote:
red52 wrote:Hi, so I got a 162 on the December LSAT, but I know I can do much better (167+).

My question is:

If I retake in Feb. and start applying now, is there anyway I can get my application held by schools who require a higher LSAT for admission? And if I can, is it worth it? What are the chances I get into a better school or get more money to schools I will already be accepted into with a 162?

This applies to THIS CYCLE ONLY. I am going to LS this coming august, so please no "re-take in June and reapply" comments, though I know that's what the average response will want to be.

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like the answer wont matter that much. Given the dearth of applicants; if you crush the LSAT in feb schools where you're over 75th or even median will still take you with money. But you'll have to send emails basically saying "I'm retaking in feb, if possible please hold off until that score before making a decision".

Good luck.

Okay, so it looks like I'll retake for this cycle. Good thing people aren't applying as much.... I will enjoy the opportunity the lack of applications brings :)

Thanks for the response.

A.Taarabt7

Re: Feb retake for CURRENT cycle advice

Postby A.Taarabt7 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:49 am

I also wanted to ask this same Q as well so will post here. I got a 152 and not sure if I can do that much better in 1 months time.... I PT at 152 as well... the thing is this would be the 3rd time so I can not retake it in the future. I was perhaps planning on possibly transferring if I did well my first year to a better school. My goal is to work for the state dept in their FSOT career path. Should I retake it as well? there are a few schools on my list that accept applications until March 1st. Not sure if its worth the hassle due to time constraints but I wanted to ask you guys and get the best advice possible

my pre law counselor hasn't been much help, I have relied on books and Top Law/colleagues for help in this cycle. Thanks!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”