Submitting Supplemental Essay After the Fact Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
whereskyle

Silver

Submitting Supplemental Essay After the Fact

Post by whereskyle » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:43 pm

Hey all, I submitted apps to T7 schools in early November. I attended a public honors college that uses a narrative eval system rather than grades, so no gpa. 1 LSAT score of 170, 2 years w.e
as teacher and paralegal and substantial volunteering. I've been thinking lately that perhaps I should offer my own personal defense of my school's program in addition to my PS. What do you all think of submitting such a statement at this point? Thanks, all!

suralin

Diamond

Re: Submitting Supplemental Essay After the Fact

Post by suralin » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:58 pm

whereskyle wrote:Hey all, I submitted apps to T7 schools in early November. I attended a public honors college that uses a narrative eval system rather than grades, so no gpa. 1 LSAT score of 170, 2 years w.e
as teacher and paralegal and substantial volunteering. I've been thinking lately that perhaps I should offer my own personal defense of my school's program in addition to my PS. What do you all think of submitting such a statement at this point? Thanks, all!
Meh. If you're worried that law schools will care, maybe get another letter of recommendation where you ask one of your professors to briefly "defend" your school's narrative grading system. It'll carry more weight coming from a professor than from you.

If I were you, I wouldn't write a separate addendum about it though.

whereskyle

Silver

Post by whereskyle » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:01 pm

Good point. I was told by a professor he was doing just that. To sidetrack the thread, you think it simply makes sense that the kid without a GPA has to wait a bit longer to hear back?

whereskyle

Silver

Post by whereskyle » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:02 pm

Still calling myself a kid.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”