LSAT Addendum? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
bbsg

Bronze

LSAT Addendum?

Post by bbsg » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:36 pm

I know the addendum topics are a pain, but I'm not sure if this is worth writing an addendum over. It was unusual circumstance but it's not like a death in the family.

When I went to write my LSAT in October, my watch died en route to the test center and the room had no clock. I was used to doing preptests with a clock, obviously, and the result was that I ended up rushing through some questions. Final score: 165.

I rewrote in December. Watch had a new battery this time. Result: 175.

10 point increase, but sort of a weird situation the first time around. Does TLS think this is addendum-worthy?

cynthiad

Bronze

Re: LSAT Addendum?

Post by cynthiad » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:42 pm

bbsg wrote:I know the addendum topics are a pain, but I'm not sure if this is worth writing an addendum over. It was unusual circumstance but it's not like a death in the family.

When I went to write my LSAT in October, my watch died en route to the test center and the room had no clock. I was used to doing preptests with a clock, obviously, and the result was that I ended up rushing through some questions. Final score: 165.

10 point increase, but sort of a weird situation the first time around. Does TLS think this is addendum-worthy?
Only if the school specifically asks for addenda for score increases.

xjustyoursmile

Bronze

Post by xjustyoursmile » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:20 am

cynthiad wrote:
bbsg wrote:I know the addendum topics are a pain, but I'm not sure if this is worth writing an addendum over. It was unusual circumstance but it's not like a death in the family.

Only if the school specifically asks for addenda for score increases.
+1

Check the school's website. A lot of schools require an addendum if your score changes by 3/4 points. I know UCLA requires it and a couple of other CA schools do too.

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:21 am

xjustyoursmile wrote:A lot of schools require an addendum if your score changes by 3/4 points. I know UCLA requires it and a couple of other CA schools do too.
Meh. I got into UCLA without one. Schools don't really care.

wert3813

Silver

Post by wert3813 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:32 am

Last edited by wert3813 on Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bbsg

Bronze

Post by bbsg » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:48 pm

Thanks, all!

wert3813 wrote:In other news I could not imagine taking an LSAT without a watch.
Yeah, it killed me more than I thought. I always finished sections with 3-5 min to spare anyway so I stayed pretty calm, but since I knew I had no watch I still couldn't help being concerned with time. I would finish a section, figure I had 3-5 minutes left, then a full 5-10 minutes would pass before the proctor would give the 5 minute warning. The result is a lot of rushing to start, then jumping around and trying to get back into things to revise, and it becomes something of a trainwreck.

You'd think there'd be a clock in every testing room. Sigh.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”