LSAT, GPA yeilds and apps down?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
uconjak

LSAT, GPA yeilds and apps down?

Postby uconjak » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:45 pm

questions for the FORUM
1. will total applications for Law schools be down from last year?
2. on average if down how much?
3. Will splitters and reverse splitters have a better shot at a T-14 school?
4. will more money be made available to keep to scorers at a lower ranked school?
5. will the mean/median LSAT scores drop again this year? and how much at the T-14's

Unoriginalist

Re: LSAT, GPA yeilds and apps down?

Postby Unoriginalist » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:51 pm

1. Consensus is yes.
2. The best guess might come from http://www.lsac.org/lsacresources/data/ ... stered.asp (keeping in mind lsat administered does not necessarily mean law school application submitted). Consensus is upper level applications (170+ LSAT) are down more significantly than other areas. Don't have ready link for that info, though.
3. T14 will remain very competitive, but there's a chance, perhaps. Many may cut class numbers to maintain numbers.
4. For the schools that can afford it, perhaps. Others will, again, cut class numbers or sacrifice their numbers to maintain revenue. Likely depends on the schools.
5. Probably for many schools, yes. Which ones and by how much, I have no idea, though.

Hope that helps!

uconjak

Postby uconjak » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:03 pm

Unoriginalist wrote:1. Consensus is yes.
2. The best guess might come from http://www.lsac.org/lsacresources/data/ ... stered.asp (keeping in mind lsat administered does not necessarily mean law school application submitted). Consensus is upper level applications (170+ LSAT) are down more significantly than other areas. Don't have ready link for that info, though.
3. T14 will remain very competitive, but there's a chance, perhaps. Many may cut class numbers to maintain numbers.
4. For the schools that can afford it, perhaps. Others will, again, cut class numbers or sacrifice their numbers to maintain revenue. Likely depends on the schools.
5. Probably for many schools, yes. Which ones and by how much, I have no idea, though.

Hope that helps!

Thanks, a bunch
I am a reverse splitter....for most of the t14's 167/3.85 want a t-14 school prefered East Coast or Stanford. got some great Softs and LOR's.

Unoriginalist

Postby Unoriginalist » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:09 pm

From my understanding, Stanford's rather impossible to predict when it comes to admissions (but if you truly have exceptional softs, e.g. Nobel prize, Olympian, etc, you could have a shot), but I could see you breaking into the lower T14 with those scores. I wouldn't count on medians changing too much, though, unfortunately.

Good luck!

elblufer

Postby elblufer » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:15 pm

I wouldn't call 167/3.85 a splitter situation...

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”