New LSAT Score - Notify Law Schools? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
chickpea

Bronze

New LSAT Score - Notify Law Schools?

Post by chickpea » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:01 pm

I retook the LSAT in December and just received my score. Should I email the law schools I applied to notifying them of my new score or will LSAC update them automatically? Thanks!

talkingaboutpractice

New

Re: New LSAT Score - Notify Law Schools?

Post by talkingaboutpractice » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:38 pm

Same here...anyone?

I think they automatically get a new CAS report when it is updated, but should I email if they held me per my request?

Gold

Post by 20141023 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:43 pm

Last edited by 20141023 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

chinchillin

New

Post by chinchillin » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:42 pm

took october, re-took december, applied two days ago, got score today, what do?

questcertainty

New

Post by questcertainty » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:53 pm

Regulus wrote:
chickpea wrote:I retook the LSAT in December and just received my score. Should I email the law schools I applied to notifying them of my new score or will LSAC update them automatically? Thanks!
If your new score is higher than your old one, notify them. If it was lower or equal, do nothing.

From here:
LSAC wrote:NOTE: LSAC does not automatically inform law schools of a candidate's registration for a retest. It is your responsibility to inform law schools directly about your registration for additional tests.
I had read this to mean that the registration for another sitting would not be automatically reported, but this doesn’t mean the score won’t be. (In other words, schools may not have known you were sitting for the retake you took last month unless you told them in your applications.) In fact, I had this happen: I sat for the June, retook in October, and LSAC automatically forwarded my new score to each of the schools to which I had applied at the time. (It will appear under your Law School Reports as an ‘update’, the ‘update reason’ being ‘score’.)

So, at least in my experience, there’s no need to inform of a new score; it will be sent automatically.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

nickb285

Silver

Post by nickb285 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:07 pm

Last edited by nickb285 on Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSATSCORES2012

Silver

Post by LSATSCORES2012 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:08 pm

FWIW, when I retook they automatically got the score. The same day or the next day when I went to look at the report status page, it showed that they had sent an update with my LSAT score.

questcertainty

New

Post by questcertainty » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:20 pm

nickb285 wrote:
This may be true, but I'd email anyway. Think of your worst-case scenarios: If you email, your worst-case scenario is that they've already gotten the update and the adcomm goes "yeah dude, we know" and then moves on to their next email. If you don't, your worst-case scenario is that they don't see your new LSAT score. I say email.
Yeah, that's fair: I did the same thing, actually, and though it apparently didn't make any difference, it didn't hurt. (But Regulus is also right on this point: notify if higher, otherwise ignore.)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”