(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
dweldon

Re: HLS interview

Postby dweldon » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:34 pm

Had my HLS interview a few weeks ago. My interviewer was a 20-something year old guy who works in the admissions office--I think he was a Harvard grad student…The whole thing seemed kind of weird. One of his questions was him essentially asking me how I was going to emotionally deal with leaving college.
I thought there were only two women who ran the interviews? Any thoughts on what this means for my application?

hillz

Re: HLS interview

Postby hillz » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:45 pm

dweldon wrote:Had my HLS interview a few weeks ago. My interviewer was a 20-something year old guy who works in the admissions office--I think he was a Harvard grad student…The whole thing seemed kind of weird. One of his questions was him essentially asking me how I was going to emotionally deal with leaving college.
I thought there were only two women who ran the interviews? Any thoughts on what this means for my application?

There is a male staff member in the HLS admissions office, as well as several females. The person who is chosen to interview you has no bearing on the admissions decision, i.e. just because someone has Dean Soban herself doesn't mean that they are a stronger candidate.

Oskosh

Re: .

Postby Oskosh » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:51 am

I don't have a suit. :( Would a nice dress shirt/plaid shirt suffice?

KMart

Re: .

Postby KMart » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:02 am

Oskosh wrote:I don't have a suit. :( Would a nice dress shirt/plaid shirt suffice?

Depends on the school and location. Alum for coffee? Sure. Alum in their office? No.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”