Random C&F Question (Sorry)

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
wert3813

Random C&F Question (Sorry)

Postby wert3813 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:22 pm

Last edited by wert3813 on Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shmoopy

Re: Random C&F Question (Sorry)

Postby Shmoopy » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:59 pm

Better to be safe than sorry. Nobody is going to negatively judge you because his happened to you. I go arrested for smoking weed on the afternoon of the same day that I went to court for previously getting arrested for smoking weed (yes, I am absurdly retarded), and I've been getting in at lots of schools with $$$. The advice I've received about this stuff is that disclosing fully is the only thing that matters. Nobody cares what you actually did.

Just to be clear, "cited" sounds like an offense other than a crime and there is no downside to including it, so just include it.

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:22 pm

Shmoopy wrote:Better to be safe than sorry. Nobody is going to negatively judge you because his happened to you. I go arrested for smoking weed on the afternoon of the same day that I went to court for previously getting arrested for smoking weed [b](yes, I am absurdly retarded)[b], and I've been getting in at lots of schools with $$$. The advice I've received about this stuff is that disclosing fully is the only thing that matters. Nobody cares what you actually did.

Just to be clear, "cited" sounds like an offense other than a crime and there is no downside to including it, so just include it.

This same person also claimed to be gay in order to get an admissions boost.

That being said , the advice here is solid

Shmoopy

Postby Shmoopy » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:36 pm

dingbat wrote:This same person also claimed to be gay in order to get an admissions boost.

That being said , the advice here is solid

No, I claimed to be questioning on one app. I wondered if claiming to be gay would help, but I never claimed to be gay. Anyway, I openly admit to being ridiculous and you probably should verify my C&F advice with others. I really don't think anyone cares what you disclose in C&F addenda though -- the main issue seems to be making sure your application is consistent with the actual C&F application:

http://www.ncbex.org/assets/media_files ... rdNCBE.pdf

If you would have to disclose it here, disclose it in your app. Don't worry about what the admissions offices will think; they don't care.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”