'Employment' Section on Applications

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
GoingForGold

'Employment' Section on Applications

Postby GoingForGold » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:13 pm

What is the point to filling this out? None of my selected schools leave it as a requirement (I can click 'This does not apply to me') and I will be including a resume. The bulk of my work experience is self-employed entrepreneurial work and it's going to look weird writing "Self Employed" whereas within the context of a resume it makes sense. I just don't want to give the impression I am lazy and not entering in the information in two different ways on the application.

eerie_erie

Re: 'Employment' Section on Applications

Postby eerie_erie » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:32 pm

GoingForGold wrote:What is the point to filling this out? None of my selected schools leave it as a requirement (I can click 'This does not apply to me') and I will be including a resume. The bulk of my work experience is self-employed entrepreneurial work and it's going to look weird writing "Self Employed" whereas within the context of a resume it makes sense. I just don't want to give the impression I am lazy and not entering in the information in two different ways on the application.

Fill out things everywhere because they might not look at your resume or do so as closely. If you write self-employed on the regular application, they might actually be intrigued and will be more likely to look at your resume for elaboration. Just a thought. I've never been on an admissions committee for a law school though.

lever1je

Re: 'Employment' Section on Applications

Postby lever1je » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:54 pm

I believe it is necessary as part of most state bars Character and Fitness checks

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”