Will a school wait to make a decision for Feb LSAT?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
tony2167
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:04 am

Will a school wait to make a decision for Feb LSAT?

Postby tony2167 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:57 am

Searched and couldn't find an answer for this.

I'm planning on taking the February LSAT in hopes of raising my score enough to maybe sneak into the T14 (GULC or Cornell) and/or increase scholarship offers from lower ranked schools I've already been accepted to. I took the October LSAT and underperformed with a 164, I'm hoping that if I study my ass off for the next 6 weeks I can at least score what I was PTing at (~168) and maybe even break the 170 barrier. Unfortunately, some school's deadlines are in February. If I apply to a school like Cornell (deadline Feb. 1) I will have a reportable score, albeit one that will surely get me dinged, but if I wait to apply until maybe a day or two before their deadline and they see on LSAC that I have a pending score for the February test, will they hold off on making a decision until that score comes in?

Jredelman15
Posts: 274
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:45 pm

Re: Will a school wait to make a decision for Feb LSAT?

Postby Jredelman15 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:11 am

Did you let them know you were taking it in Feb? If so then yes.

User avatar
tony2167
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:04 am

Re: Will a school wait to make a decision for Feb LSAT?

Postby tony2167 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:46 am

I planned on sending an email to an admissions officer at the school notifying them of my intention to retake in February, yes.

User avatar
wtrc
Posts: 2057
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 9:37 pm

Re: Will a school wait to make a decision for Feb LSAT?

Postby wtrc » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:57 am

From what I've heard, if you let em know you won't have a problem, especially the lower you go in the rankings. If you have a high GPA, are you sure you want to apply this cycle (instead of waiting til next cycle, having more time to study and raise that score?)

User avatar
tony2167
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:04 am

Re: Will a school wait to make a decision for Feb LSAT?

Postby tony2167 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:09 pm

I have a low GPA, 3.19. I know that if I got in to either of those schools it'd be by the skin of my teeth, this cycle or next. I'm thinking that perhaps in a down year one might be willing to take a splitter late in the cycle assuming I raise my score enough.

User avatar
TheThriller
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Re: Will a school wait to make a decision for Feb LSAT?

Postby TheThriller » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:52 pm

I am in the same boat with you OP, only I am retaking in Feb off a June Lsat.

I am applying next cycle and hoping to hit NU.

User avatar
LexLeon
Posts: 400
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:03 pm

Re: Will a school wait to make a decision for Feb LSAT?

Postby LexLeon » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:23 pm

The Best School will wait.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chargers21, echonov, Google [Bot], Lexaholik, lnsjr1, OnlyHumean, Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests