Sending in app before all transcripts are in

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Cali_App_333

Sending in app before all transcripts are in

Postby Cali_App_333 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:49 am

Hey all!

I've been perusing these forums for a while now and I think my question's been answered elsewhere. That being said, I wanted to put my questions out there for peace of mind. Can I send in my application before all my transcripts are sent to LSAC? Will LSAC just update my application when they come in?

Also, do I just fax community colleges I attended throughout high school the signed transcript request form? Will they know to attach it to the transcript I request online?

Thanks in advance, guys.

Zoomie

Re: Sending in app before all transcripts are in

Postby Zoomie » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:11 am

Cali_App_333 wrote:Hey all!

I've been perusing these forums for a while now and I think my question's been answered elsewhere. That being said, I wanted to put my questions out there for peace of mind. Can I send in my application before all my transcripts are sent to LSAC? Will LSAC just update my application when they come in?

Also, do I just fax community colleges I attended throughout high school the signed transcript request form? Will they know to attach it to the transcript I request online?

Thanks in advance, guys.

You can't send in an application without a complete CAS file. That means all transcripts have to be received. Why would you want to send in an incomplete application anyway? LSAC will update your account when you send in a new transcript (ie, another semester completed). However, you have to have all the transcripts from all your schools attended before your academic report will be generated. You need the academic report before you can submit your applications.

When you are completing your file, you type in your colleges attended. It will create a cover sheet for your transcripts. Print that out and attach it to the transcript request form for your school. Some have online, fax or some you actually have to mail in. Indicate on the transcript request form that the additional sheet must accompany the official transcript.

Same thing with the LORs.

Cali_App_333

Postby Cali_App_333 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:23 am

Thanks Zoomie, that's what I thought. Do you know how one would attach the form (since it needs to be signed) when requesting a transcript online? I considered faxing it, but how would they know to attach that form to my transcript, which one requests separately? I hope that makes sense.

atcushman

Postby atcushman » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:00 am

just call the school and tell them to attach the form and send a cover letter with the fax that has instructions....

Zoomie

Postby Zoomie » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:02 am

I had one school that I did it online and it sent my transcript before I could get the letter to them. My transcripts appeared on my lsac account. I wouldn't recommend taking a shot in the dark like I did. The school was just in its game and sent them before I could call. Like previous poster said, call the school and get a fax number to fax the sheet to them.

Cali_App_333

Postby Cali_App_333 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:51 am

How long does it take on average for transcripts on LSAC to go from 'received' to processed? My university's transcript was processed fairly quickly but a transcript from a community college hasn't yet been processed and it's been several days now.

Zoomie

Postby Zoomie » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:17 am

Couple of days. Don't stress, it's the holidays.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”