Sealed foreign transcript

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jmjm

Sealed foreign transcript

Postby jmjm » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:12 am

A question regarding mailing international UG transcript to CAS.

a) Can someone else (a friend) and not the ug college can mail a college-sealed UG transcript to CAS? (difficulty in getting college to mail it; they only issue sealed copies)
b) Can one fill or not fill at all the "transcript request form" by himself/herself (and not the ug) when sending transcripts?

Appreciate your comments, thanks much
-jmjm

stuckinthemiddle

Re: Sealed foreign transcript

Postby stuckinthemiddle » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:51 am

jmjm wrote:A question regarding mailing international UG transcript to CAS.

a) Can someone else (a friend) and not the ug college can mail a college-sealed UG transcript to CAS? (difficulty in getting college to mail it; they only issue sealed copies)
b) Can one fill or not fill at all the "transcript request form" by himself/herself (and not the ug) when sending transcripts?

Appreciate your comments, thanks much
-jmjm

1) I believe LSAC only accepts transcripts if they come directly from the school
2) No. Send it to your UG to send off.

jmjm

Postby jmjm » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:22 am

stuckinthemiddle wrote:1) I believe LSAC only accepts transcripts if they come directly from the school
2) No. Send it to your UG to send off.

That's the issue - both (1) and (2) difficult to do at the UG. Any possible alternatives?

stuckinthemiddle

Postby stuckinthemiddle » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:33 am

E-mail LSAC. As far as I know, there are no alternatives. What kind of UG doesn't comply when you ask them to send transcripts? Just send them a pdf version of the transcript form and give them specific instructions and how to mail the form and the transcript to LSAC.

jmjm

Postby jmjm » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:52 am

stuckinthemiddle wrote:E-mail LSAC. As far as I know, there are no alternatives. What kind of UG doesn't comply when you ask them to send transcripts? Just send them a pdf version of the transcript form and give them specific instructions and how to mail the form and the transcript to LSAC.

yeah, i know it's crappy situation but not many apply to LS from the ug, a technology school, so it's not something they do regularly. Even if they printed out the pdf form, it's unlikely they will fill it or understand to include it with the transcript. I'm afraid they will mess something up, and it may be for the best that the sealed transcript and printed and filled form I possess are sent to LSAC.
I believe there are some here who'd had someone they knew send their sealed transcript or self filled form. Did it work out?

TripTrip

Postby TripTrip » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:28 pm

jmjm wrote:
stuckinthemiddle wrote:E-mail LSAC. As far as I know, there are no alternatives. What kind of UG doesn't comply when you ask them to send transcripts? Just send them a pdf version of the transcript form and give them specific instructions and how to mail the form and the transcript to LSAC.

yeah, i know it's crappy situation but not many apply to LS from the ug, a technology school, so it's not something they do regularly. Even if they printed out the pdf form, it's unlikely they will fill it or understand to include it with the transcript. I'm afraid they will mess something up, and it may be for the best that the sealed transcript and printed and filled form I possess are sent to LSAC.
I believe there are some here who'd had someone they knew send their sealed transcript or self filled form. Did it work out?

Dude... this is WHAT undergrad institutions DO. Transcripts are not somehow unique to law school. Just submit the form and you'll be fine.

Cellar-door

Postby Cellar-door » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:42 pm

I don't know of any UG school anywhere that doesn't send out transcripts. Just send them the form by email or fax and request a transcript.

eyfl

Postby eyfl » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:46 am

Well, guys, you must be forgetting the the OP is from an international UG insitution and outside US / Canada there are many places where sending transcripts is what UGs DON'T DO (at least they don't have to)

I had a similar situation, actually, as UGs over here only give you the original transcript / diploma once, you have the official papers and in case you need to show it you just make copies / show originals. So I had a similar issue with LSAC as they want the institution itself to send out the papers (which my UG does't do / won't do as they're not obliged to and don't have any incentive to do so).

How I worked around this: I made copies of the transcripts / diploma I had, printed out the transcript request form, went to my UG, asked them to put their stamp / seal / signature on everything + found a person from my department who agreed that I put her name / contacts on the request form. I then put everything in an envelope, asked UG to put another stamp on it and sent everything to LSAC. 6 weeks in I have everything up and running and in my LSAC file.

Hope this works for you as well.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”