Including Program Ambitions Question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
megmc

Including Program Ambitions Question

Postby megmc » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:03 am

Hey guys I had question about the PS, my current PS kind of leads you to infer that I'm going to be pursuing a particular line of law. However, I don't really want to lock myself into any particular program in the eyes of the admissions officers. Would they look upon it negatively if I end up choosing to specialize in something besides what I wrote about in my PS?

cynthiad

Re: Including Program Ambitions Question

Postby cynthiad » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:10 am

megmc wrote:Hey guys I had question about the PS, my current PS kind of leads you to infer that I'm going to be pursuing a particular line of law. However, I don't really want to lock myself into any particular program in the eyes of the admissions officers. Would they look upon it negatively if I end up choosing to specialize in something besides what I wrote about in my PS?

??? You think they will remember what you wrote in your personal statement and keep an eye on you to make sure you specialize in that area of law? Why would admissions officers care after you're admitted? It's not like you're signing a contract to specialize in whatever, you're just implying it. Do you have any idea how many people write PS's about how much they want to work in public interest and then get jobs in biglaw? They will not care.

cinephile

Re: Including Program Ambitions Question

Postby cinephile » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:16 am

No, they won't care if you change your mind. You're not locked into anything.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”