Stop the Emails?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
abcde12345
Posts: 255
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:41 pm

Stop the Emails?

Postby abcde12345 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:51 pm

I've applied already, but I keep getting emails from random schools I have no interest in. If I turn off CRS, will that stop the emails?

User avatar
gobuffs10
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:20 am

Re: Stop the Emails?

Postby gobuffs10 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:35 pm

Just email them, say you appreciate it, but you've decided to go elsewhere. Simple.

blueruditio
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:53 pm

Re: Stop the Emails?

Postby blueruditio » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:50 pm

Many of them have an unsubscribe option at the very bottom of the email. Several schools use a third-party website to manage their email lists, and these generally have an option or reply-function to get off the list.

071816
Posts: 5511
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: Stop the Emails?

Postby 071816 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:51 pm

gobuffs10 wrote:Just email them, say you appreciate it, but you've decided to go elsewhere. Simple.

You know what would be even simpler? Ignoring/deleting the emails and giving no fucks.

maxwell400
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:05 pm

Re: Stop the Emails?

Postby maxwell400 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:37 pm

chimp wrote:
gobuffs10 wrote:Just email them, say you appreciate it, but you've decided to go elsewhere. Simple.

You know what would be even simpler? Ignoring/deleting the emails and giving no fucks.


Your avatar is so appropriate.

User avatar
abcde12345
Posts: 255
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:41 pm

Re: Stop the Emails?

Postby abcde12345 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:28 pm

blueruditio wrote:Many of them have an unsubscribe option at the very bottom of the email. Several schools use a third-party website to manage their email lists, and these generally have an option or reply-function to get off the list.


Thanks.

chimp wrote:
gobuffs10 wrote:Just email them, say you appreciate it, but you've decided to go elsewhere. Simple.

You know what would be even simpler? Ignoring/deleting the emails and giving no fucks.


Yeah, but I don't want to get excited every time I see the word "law" in my email, just to find out it has nothing to do with where I applied.

bdm261
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:19 am

Re: Stop the Emails?

Postby bdm261 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:24 am

I don't mind the "here's a fee waiver, apply to our school e-mails" because I signed up for CRS, but the ones that annoy me are from schools I already applied to and was accepted into, can't they have some kind of system to avoid sending these to admitted students?




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], grandpapy360, MSNbot Media and 8 guests