Do Canadians need to indicate a Visa on applications? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Skier

New

Do Canadians need to indicate a Visa on applications?

Post by Skier » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:21 pm

Hi again,

Just wondering if Canadians need to indicate anything under the Visa field on applications. I realize it's not "Required" by LSAC but do the schools expect it if you're an international student/non-resident alien?

I emailed LSAC but they said just to check directly with the schools. Thought I might get a better response on here.

I am aware that I would be studying on an F1 visa but I thought you couldn't apply before you had acceptance at a law school. Obviously surprised to see this at the application step.

Thanks for any assistance!

pammie0415

Bronze

Re: Do Canadians need to indicate a Visa on applications?

Post by pammie0415 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:14 pm

I think those fields are for people who are already in America and have a valid visa right now. Since for Canadian students who are not currently in the States, we can only get our visa after we've been accepted to a school. So there's no way we would have a visa number available to fill out.

I'm Canadian too and I just left those fields blank.

AntipodeanPhil

Silver

Post by AntipodeanPhil » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:01 am

pammie0415 wrote:I think those fields are for people who are already in America and have a valid visa right now.
This.

A lot of international students who apply to US law schools are already in the US, on a student visa.

Skier

New

Post by Skier » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:23 am

AntipodeanPhil wrote:
pammie0415 wrote:I think those fields are for people who are already in America and have a valid visa right now.
This.

A lot of international students who apply to US law schools are already in the US, on a student visa.
Thanks for the clarity!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”