Employment Qs and LOR (NU and maybe others?) Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Lear22

Bronze

Employment Qs and LOR (NU and maybe others?)

Post by Lear22 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:14 pm

Perhaps I'm missing something but i don't see a way to add the existing LORs that are on my CAS when completing the app for NU. it asks for the name and contact information of the recommender, but how will they gain access to the letter?

Also, they have an employment section, am I to add each of my employers AND submit a resume? It doesn't make sense to me.

I don't know if this is going to happen with other apps so I thought I'd ask.

Thanks.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Re: Employment Qs and LOR (NU and maybe others?)

Post by rinkrat19 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:21 pm

In the LSAC system, you assign whichever letters you want to send along with an app, and they get included in your app package by the LSAC system. I haven't seen this year's NU app, but it sounds like they're only providing space to write one name down? Make that the writer of your best LOR, and then send all of them (I would recommend 2, MAX 3 only if you know they all say different wonderful things about you) with the system.

Yes, fill out the jobs section and attach a resume. This will come up on most of the apps. (Some don't require a resume: send it anyway.) If a school app doesn't say include ALL your work history, you can limit it to the highlights.

Lear22

Bronze

Post by Lear22 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:35 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:In the LSAC system, you assign whichever letters you want to send along with an app, and they get included in your app package by the LSAC system. I haven't seen this year's NU app, but it sounds like they're only providing space to write one name down? Make that the writer of your best LOR, and then send all of them (I would recommend 2, MAX 3 only if you know they all say different wonderful things about you) with the system.

Yes, fill out the jobs section and attach a resume. This will come up on most of the apps. (Some don't require a resume: send it anyway.) If a school app doesn't say include ALL your work history, you can limit it to the highlights.
Thanks, but how do I 'send' those LORs? I have 3 on file. 2 that I know are stellar and one that is a very good one but not as intense

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:48 pm

Lear22 wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:In the LSAC system, you assign whichever letters you want to send along with an app, and they get included in your app package by the LSAC system. I haven't seen this year's NU app, but it sounds like they're only providing space to write one name down? Make that the writer of your best LOR, and then send all of them (I would recommend 2, MAX 3 only if you know they all say different wonderful things about you) with the system.

Thanks, but how do I 'send' those LORs? I have 3 on file. 2 that I know are stellar and one that is a very good one but not as intense
In the LSAC system, on the LOR page, you assign letters to a certain school's application. Someone else who is applying this year can tell you better than I, but I remember it being pretty obvious.

If I were you, I'd leave off the 3rd letter when submitting to NU. 2 is already more than NU requests, and sending non-essential stuff just runs the risk of annoying them.

Lear22

Bronze

Post by Lear22 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:52 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
Lear22 wrote:

In the LSAC system, on the LOR page, you assign letters to a certain school's application. Someone else who is applying this year can tell you better than I, but I remember it being pretty obvious.

If I were you, I'd leave off the 3rd letter when submitting to NU. 2 is already more than NU requests, and sending non-essential stuff just runs the risk of annoying them.
Found it!

EDIT: I'll take your advice and attach 2 LORs for schools that require 1 and all 3 for those that require 2
Much appreciated.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”