Addendum Dilemma

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
superhopefulwoo

Addendum Dilemma

Postby superhopefulwoo » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:52 pm

I have two things that could constitute as 'red flags'. First, I have one withdrawal in my sophomore year - first quarter and the second quarter I have a Hardship Withdrawal (withdrawals based on severe life situations approved by the administration board) for the same year for 3 of my 4 classes. However, my overall GPA is still a 3.67, and my junior and senior year I have achieved Annual Dean's List.

The second 'red flag' is an absence in my LSAT because I had a stress and bad immune system based disease for about a month that started 2 days before the test.

I did write the addendum for the second one. Should I write one for my sophomore year as well? I feel it would make the addendum too long, and my GPA is still in pretty good standing so I wasn't sure.... If anyone could read my addendum I'd appreciate it too - I'm turning in my applications today.

cynthiad

Re: Addendum Dilemma

Postby cynthiad » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:05 pm

You don't need an addendum for withdrawing from one class. You do need it for the semester you withdrew from 3 classes. As long as none are Withdraw/Fails, you should be fine. As for the LSAT absence, it's not a big deal to have one absence, it's really only a red flag if there's more than one. You can write an addendum or not. If you have other addenda in your application besides what you mentioned here, I wouldn't, because you don't want to seem like you're making excuses for everything (even though you have a valid reason).

epiphinous7

Re: Addendum Dilemma

Postby epiphinous7 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:16 am

cynthiad wrote:You don't need an addendum for withdrawing from one class. You do need it for the semester you withdrew from 3 classes. As long as none are Withdraw/Fails, you should be fine. As for the LSAT absence, it's not a big deal to have one absence, it's really only a red flag if there's more than one. You can write an addendum or not. If you have other addenda in your application besides what you mentioned here, I wouldn't, because you don't want to seem like you're making excuses for everything (even though you have a valid reason).

Agreed

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”