Once accepted, am I in as long as I graduate?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Nickg415

Once accepted, am I in as long as I graduate?

Postby Nickg415 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:39 pm

I have recently been admitted into UPenn ED. My GPA is below their 25%. I still have 2 semesters left and just finished with finals. I am worried I didn't do too well on one of my finals and don't know how it will affect my overall GPA. I wont fail the class and it shouldn't hurt my gpa by much if anything. None the less, having just withdrawn my applications from all other schools and just sent in my initial seat deposit, I am worried they might reverse their acceptance if my GPA drops anymore and I'll be screwed.

Scotchandsoda

Re: Once accepted, am I in as long as I graduate?

Postby Scotchandsoda » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:42 pm

You're good. You wont be sending in your transcript for your last semester anyways. Dont worry and goodluck! Also, CONGRATS!

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:11 pm

Scotchandsoda wrote:You wont be sending in your transcript for your last semester anyways.

That's incorrect - you will be sending that transcript in.

As long as you don't completely tank the rest of your time in UG, however, you'll be fine. Congrats!

Nickg415

Postby Nickg415 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:11 pm

bp shinners wrote:
Scotchandsoda wrote:You wont be sending in your transcript for your last semester anyways.

That's incorrect - you will be sending that transcript in.

As long as you don't completely tank the rest of your time in UG, however, you'll be fine. Congrats!

Thanks guys. What would constitute completely tanking my GPA? I might have a gotten a C this last semester but I shouldn't fall a whole .1 or anything. Also I assume I am submitting my transcripts directly to them and my LSAC GPA is lower than my univ. GPA by over .1 of a point. Will this counter any drop or do they convert it to LSAC GPA?

TripTrip

Postby TripTrip » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:12 pm

bp shinners wrote:you'll be fine

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”