Curious about early admissions process Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
elan112

New

Curious about early admissions process

Post by elan112 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:58 am

I tried finding information about this. Might be a stupid question, but does anyone know how they go through applicants in the early admissions process order wise? I'm wondering because two friends of mine applied to the early admissions process for the same school (UGA), and one got accepted way early (December 4th), while the other is still waiting. They have similar LSAT scores (accepted one got 161, one still waiting got 162), and similar GPAs.

SPerez

Bronze

Re: Curious about early admissions process

Post by SPerez » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:55 am

elan112 wrote:I tried finding information about this. Might be a stupid question, but does anyone know how they go through applicants in the early admissions process order wise? I'm wondering because two friends of mine applied to the early admissions process for the same school (UGA), and one got accepted way early (December 4th), while the other is still waiting. They have similar LSAT scores (accepted one got 161, one still waiting got 162), and similar GPAs.
My advice is to not spend any time whatsoever worrying about this. There is no single answer. Every school does it differently based on a myriad of considerations (several of which have nothing to do with the applicant at all), and despite what people think they "know" based on TLS or LSN there's really no way for you to know why any individual applicant got reviewed when they did.

This is one of the growing list of things I put in the category "Things law school applicants worry about that they shouldn't." I know it's stressful and me telling your friend to chillax relax won't really help, but they should try anyway. I know what I'm talking about from experience, too. Not because I'm an admissions dean but because I applied ED to my law school, got "held", and didn't get accepted until late May. I know waiting sucks, but it is still early. Chances are your other friend will know before the end of January, which is really actually very early to have a decision back in the grand scheme of things.

Dean Perez
Texas Tech University School of Law

elan112

New

Re: Curious about early admissions process

Post by elan112 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:22 pm

Thanks for the help.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”