LSAC letter for distraction during LSAT administration?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Sonoma1029

New

LSAC letter for distraction during LSAT administration?

Postby Sonoma1029 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:44 pm

I complained to the LSAC that I had a distraction during section 2 of my December 2012 test. For the first 15-20 minutes, loud construction started right outside of my building. They confirmed this distraction by my LSAT supervisors at the center, and have offered to allow me to attach a letter from them with my score when it comes out, stating the circumstances. I wasn't sure if this would look bad, but I really do think that section may have screwed me up. I have already turned in all of my applications, and they are now just on hold for my December score. Any advice? Thank you!!!!

TripTrip

Gold

Re: LSAC letter for distraction during LSAT administration?

Postby TripTrip » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:31 pm

Attach the letter. A letter from LSAC about how the testing environment was imperfect will not look bad, it can only help.

Br3v

Gold

Postby Br3v » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:42 pm

TripTrip wrote:Attach the letter. A letter from LSAC about how the testing environment was imperfect will not look bad, it can only help.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Postby CanadianWolf » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:40 pm

Attach the letter but don't specify the section of the test that was affected as a disturbance during one portion of the test may affect the remainder of your testing performance.
Last edited by CanadianWolf on Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bp shinners

Gold

Postby bp shinners » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:42 pm

Br3v wrote:
TripTrip wrote:Attach the letter. A letter from LSAC about how the testing environment was imperfect will not look bad, it can only help.

Do it, but don't expect it to be a game-changer. Your LSAT score is still going to be your score, without another, higher score to say that the noise definitely affected you.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum�