Fee Waiver Questions

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )

Fee Waiver Questions

Postby hallbd16 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:48 am

Can someone tell me or link me to a thread about
What to include in an email about fee waivers? Do I need a reason for asking (i.e. saying I can't afford the costs and I am qualified in the following ways versus simply stating my credentials and asking for a waiver).

I am a TFA alumni, I won't get my LSAT score until the end of this month since I am a test taker. So all I can send is my GPA and TFA completion letter. Should I wait until I have all my scores to request waivers?

Thanks in advance

Re: Fee Waiver Questions

Postby eav1277 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:45 am

Some schools give waivers to TFA participants (for those you won't have to wait for your lsat). I don't have a list though :( You'll have to look on their websites or search for old threads.

For most, just state your name, lsac number, gpa, TFA alum, and any other relevant info you'd like to include. Ask nicely for a waiver. If it's need based, they might ask for more info. I'd probably also attach your TFA completion letter. I did AmeriCorps and got a few waivers that way (cant remember which ones though).

Good luck

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”