W grades that are included in attempted hours in transcript

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
barberiolisa

W grades that are included in attempted hours in transcript

Postby barberiolisa » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:13 am

Is there anyone out there that has applied to law school recently, whether it be, 3 years ago or this past Fall that has had at least one W grade on your transcript, and although the W isnt punitive, it is still listed in attempted hours at the bottom of the transcript? Did LSAC ignore it, or count it as a failure? (please help, anyone with a W, and the W is figured in attempted hours)

NoodleyOne

Re: W grades that are included in attempted hours in transcript

Postby NoodleyOne » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:22 pm

barberiolisa wrote:Is there anyone out there that has applied to law school recently, whether it be, 3 years ago or this past Fall that has had at least one W grade on your transcript, and although the W isnt punitive, it is still listed in attempted hours at the bottom of the transcript? Did LSAC ignore it, or count it as a failure? (please help, anyone with a W, and the W is figured in attempted hours)

I had about 7 Ws on my transcript for various reasons. It depends on the University, but my school kept them on the transcript as hours attempted for financial aid reasons. They did not count toward my LSAC GPA, and they have had no negative effect on my cycle thus far.

There is a website out there that has how LSAC converts the grades for each individual school, including Ws.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”