How are W grades treated from Kent State University?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
barberiolisa

How are W grades treated from Kent State University?

Postby barberiolisa » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:09 am

I attend Kent State University and just wanted to have some idea about how this worked before I sent in transcripts. My school treats Withdrawal (W) grades as non-punitive and they have not hurt my gpa. However, I read conflicting statements on here often, where some claim that W grades are treated as failures, if they are included in attempted hours at the bottom of the transcript totals. Is there anyone on here that has applied to law school in recent years from Kent State University in Ohio? If so, did you have a W grade on transcript and how was it treated? (please help)

oaken

Re: How are W grades treated from Kent State University?

Postby oaken » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:13 pm

Man you are really freaking out about that W.

Not sure if this helps, but if your transcripts are already processed, you can see what your LSDAS GPA is on lsac.org...

eric922

Postby eric922 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:08 pm

I called LSAC the other day, because I had the same question. They told me that as long as it was just a W and not a W-F then it did not count. So it depends on what your school does. My school doesn't have W-Fs or W failing they just have a cut off date for withdraw and a certain number of W's allowed during your undergrad studies. So if your school is like mine and only gives out W's you will be okay. My school actually used to give out W-Fs, but they changed it during my first year there and went with the above system. Your transcript should say if it's a W or W-failing.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:11 pm

If you had to W bc of getting shot by National Guard troops at a protest, I don't think they'll hold it against you.

goldenflash19

Postby goldenflash19 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:06 am

Kent alum here, I didn't have a W, but I heard from those who did that they were not punitive. Hope they were right. Go Flashes!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”