Some advice for a newbie [without work experience] please?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
taks7

Some advice for a newbie [without work experience] please?

Postby taks7 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:47 pm

Hi all! I am relatively new to the forum (this is my first post), so I apologize if I am being redundant in any way.

Anyways, I am currently a sophomore at a top undergrad institution, have a 3.97 GPA, and am planning on taking the LSAT in December of my Junior year (I have already started prepping to get a feel for the test). However, my serious concern is that I do not have much work experience. From what I have read so far on this forum, it seems that GPA + LSAT score outweigh any extracurriculars and WE, but I was wondering if a lack of outside experience would harm my application? (Although, I am planning on getting an internship in the near future, so hopefully that would help).

So, basically, I just wanted to get some much-appreciated advice from people who are a lot more experienced than I am with the whole law school process.

Thanks!

gaud

Re: Some advice for a newbie [without work experience] please?

Postby gaud » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:48 pm

Work experience will help but not harm

ETA: Study hard, keep that GPA up, score well and profit. Good luck!

dextermorgan

Postby dextermorgan » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:50 pm

No, not having work experience will not hurt your admission chances. It may make it harder when it comes time to interview for legal jobs, but with the schools you'd be looking at with a 3.97 and 170+ you shouldn't worry too much about that. You can always work for a couple of years after you graduate from UG too. Don't rush into law school.

Dany

Postby Dany » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:46 pm

dextermorgan wrote: You can always work for a couple of years after you graduate from UG too. Don't rush into law school.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”