Few waivers from december test already?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Mr. Frodo

Few waivers from december test already?

Postby Mr. Frodo » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:43 pm

So I've gotten fee waivers from W&M and a couple other T30-40 schools after taking Decembers lsat that mention the December lsat in the email. My first lsat in October was poop and not indicative of my ability or worthy of fee waivers from any decent schools.

Why are these schools sending out fee waivers now even though my only scored lsat is still crappy? Anyone else experience this?

justonemoregame

Re: Few waivers from december test already?

Postby justonemoregame » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:57 pm

I received a few waivers this week - from Indiana, 'Bama, and Maryland. I haven't taken the LSAT in a while though. And I'm not sure what goes on with waiver decisions - my experience this cycle has been quite a bit different from last. Some schools just sent them to me last cycle, and this year, for the same schools it's been like trying to give a cat a bath.

dietcoke0

Postby dietcoke0 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:57 pm

I got fee waivers without a test, and throughout the testing process. If it's in your range, just apply, and maybe you'll get lucky with a nice scholarship.

There were plenty of schools that sent them to me that ended up sending me scholarship offers. Also a couple of schools that sent them to me just to deny me.

They just playing the game, you just got to play it along with them.

dietcoke0

Postby dietcoke0 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:58 pm

And if it's a school you know you would never go to, don't apply. I applied to some good schools that gave me waivers, and was so honored (early on) to get them, I applied right away, only to realize I would never go there, even on full ride. I recommend that.

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:39 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dietcoke0

Postby dietcoke0 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:15 pm

rebexness wrote:
Mr. Frodo wrote:So I've gotten fee waivers from W&M and a couple other T30-40 schools after taking Decembers lsat that mention the December lsat in the email. My first lsat in October was poop and not indicative of my ability or worthy of fee waivers from any decent schools.

Why are these schools sending out fee waivers now even though my only scored lsat is still crappy? Anyone else experience this?

Means your GPA was sufficient, or that your LSAT was within whatever range they request. They just datamine, for the most part.
It doesn't mean you will get in, or that they already saw your LSAT score or anything like that.

I got the WM one this morning, also.

Yeah, but they could ask 120-180.

they aren't looking for straight people who will be a good candidate, they also looking for who can be easily turned away.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”