Root Tilden Kern (NYU) Reference Letter Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
zarahmrahman

New

Root Tilden Kern (NYU) Reference Letter

Post by zarahmrahman » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:18 am

The directions for applying to the Root Tilden Kern public interest scholarships at NYU have me a bit confused. The instructions say you must submit one additional letter of recommendation that specifically comments on your commitment to public service. Does this letter get read by the admissions committee as well, or just the scholarship selection committee? From what I can tell, this letter would just be assigned to my NYU app through the LSAC website as with other letters. Not sure how to designate it specifically as the letter for the RTK scholarship.

Can anyone offer any clarification?

Thanks!

alex.feuerman

Bronze

Re: Root Tilden Kern (NYU) Reference Letter

Post by alex.feuerman » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:24 pm

zarahmrahman wrote:The directions for applying to the Root Tilden Kern public interest scholarships at NYU have me a bit confused. The instructions say you must submit one additional letter of recommendation that specifically comments on your commitment to public service. Does this letter get read by the admissions committee as well, or just the scholarship selection committee? From what I can tell, this letter would just be assigned to my NYU app through the LSAC website as with other letters. Not sure how to designate it specifically as the letter for the RTK scholarship.

Can anyone offer any clarification?

Thanks!
Call the school?

hannahk

New

Re: Root Tilden Kern (NYU) Reference Letter

Post by hannahk » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:35 pm

Yes, it should be designated as a letter specifically for RTK. When you add a new recommender on LSAC, you can give a short title to their letter - I would just call it RTK or Root or something like that.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”