Anyone taken the LSAT and GMAT?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
patspats

Anyone taken the LSAT and GMAT?

Postby patspats » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:49 pm

Did you do about the same (percentile wise) on both? I took the LSAT (163, -1 LG, -2 LR, -2 LR, -12 RC), do you think i'd do roughly the same on the GMAT (assuming I put in the same effort)?

Debating on whether I should take the GMAT and go to b-school instead. I only want to go if I can go to a great school.

twinkletoes16

Re: Anyone taken the LSAT and GMAT?

Postby twinkletoes16 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:54 pm

patspats wrote:Did you do about the same (percentile wise) on both? I took the LSAT (163, -1 LG, -2 LR, -2 LR, -12 RC), do you think i'd do roughly the same on the GMAT (assuming I put in the same effort)?

Debating on whether I should take the GMAT and go to b-school instead. I only want to go if I can go to a great school.

Do you have 3-5+ years of solid WE?

dowu

Postby dowu » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:06 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:
patspats wrote:Did you do about the same (percentile wise) on both? I took the LSAT (163, -1 LG, -2 LR, -2 LR, -12 RC), do you think i'd do roughly the same on the GMAT (assuming I put in the same effort)?

Does this matter in one's pursuit of an MBA?

cynthiad

Postby cynthiad » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:07 pm

nmop_apisdn wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:

Does this matter in one's pursuit of an MBA?

Yes.

dowu

Postby dowu » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:26 pm

cynthiad wrote:Yes.

Well that was a dumb question and not what I meant. I was meaning to ask, how much does it matter with regards to b-school? Is 3 years WE the minimum one should have when applying to b-school? Does the type of work matter?

Rahviveh

Postby Rahviveh » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:58 pm

nmop_apisdn wrote:
cynthiad wrote:Yes.

Well that was a dumb question and not what I meant. I was meaning to ask, how much does it matter with regards to b-school? Is 3 years WE the minimum one should have when applying to b-school? Does the type of work matter?

The type of work matters a lot. If you want to get into a top b-school, think of work exp as the third pillar along with GPA/GMAT.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”