UG student from India willing to study in a US law school.

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
VaishnaviK30

UG student from India willing to study in a US law school.

Postby VaishnaviK30 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:51 am

Hello,
I am an Indian UG student, currently in my 11th grade. I wish to study in a law school in US. I have a lot of queries regarding attempting the LSAT from India and the chances of getting admitted into a law school in The USA. I would list of my queries below:
1) Can a foreign student attempt LSAT from their country? If so, the students of which countries can take it?
2) What are the chances of a foreign student's admittance into a US law school? Also, do these schools provide waivers and scholarships to these foreign students?
3) What are the criterion on which a student's eligibility to take the LSAT is checked?
4) Any other advice/suggestion/information you would like to give me?
Thank you.

cinephile

Re: UG student from India willing to study in a US law school.

Postby cinephile » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:24 am

There are a number of countries you can take it in, check out the lsac page to find out where's the closest place to you.

Your chances are as good as anyone else's. I don't see why you wouldn't also be eligible for merit scholarships.

The only cases I've ever heard of regarding people who weren't eligible for taking the LSAT were people who already took the exam 5 times in the last 2 years.

Study for the exam before taking it.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”