Retaking in December, When to Submit Apps?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jbf

Retaking in December, When to Submit Apps?

Postby jbf » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:42 pm

I had a horrible experience on the Oct test and plan to write an supplemental essay.

I've been averaging 167-171 on my PT and am taking my 2nd LSAT this Saturday. My applications are basically done, but I'm wondering when I should submit them? The scores should be released by early January but I'm worried about losing an edge since they'll be in so late. If I submit them earlier will they just sit waiting until the scores are released?

BlueJeanBaby

Re: Retaking in December, When to Submit Apps?

Postby BlueJeanBaby » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:30 pm

jbf wrote:I had a horrible experience on the Oct test and plan to write an supplemental essay.

I've been averaging 167-171 on my PT and am taking my 2nd LSAT this Saturday. My applications are basically done, but I'm wondering when I should submit them? The scores should be released by early January but I'm worried about losing an edge since they'll be in so late. If I submit them earlier will they just sit waiting until the scores are released?

The schools I've applied to said pretty much if I write them and ask them to review my application without the new score, they will. If I don't put that in writing, they will wait until the new LSAT score updates. I would call and ask the schools you want to apply to for verification.

I have a similarish question. Which would be a better scenario: Applying and getting waitlisted, then updating your app with a new LSAT score later... or waiting until you get said new LSAT score and applying really late in the cycle?

rebexness

Postby rebexness » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:35 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlueJeanBaby

Postby BlueJeanBaby » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:39 pm

rebexness wrote:If they see that you have a score pending, then they tend to hold your app for review.

If your first score is good enough to get you in, and you are retaking for scholly money or W/E, then I would submit now.
If not, then the day scores come out. You don't want to waste an app fee...
Waiver= apply now.

Thanks! My question is more in terms of a February retake, so waiting until after wouldn't even be allowed for some schools. LSAC fee waiver ftw!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”