Should I attend prospective student events?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
bdm261

Should I attend prospective student events?

Postby bdm261 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:21 pm

I get e-mails from some of the schools I applied to that haven't given me a decision yet about certain events for prospective students. They usually involve panel discussions at local law firms with alumni, webinars, or CLE events. Are admissions officers aware if a student attends one and does it earn them bonus points or act as a tie-breaker? Is it a good networking opportunity?

ph14

Re: Should I attend prospective student events?

Postby ph14 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:16 pm

bdm261 wrote:I get e-mails from some of the schools I applied to that haven't given me a decision yet about certain events for prospective students. They usually involve panel discussions at local law firms with alumni, webinars, or CLE events.

Are admissions officers aware if a student attends one and does it earn them bonus points or act as a tie-breaker?

Doesn't matter. I highly doubt they are even aware if a student attends one or not.

Is it a good networking opportunity?

Perhaps. For example, if you need someone for advice it could be helpful. But it won't help with getting into schools or anything. Basically go only if you are interested in the subject. Not because you think you will get something valuable out of it.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”