Addendum?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
dip_spLitter

Addendum?

Postby dip_spLitter » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:49 am

Many schools ask to which other schools an applicant has applied or intends to apply. Does an additional addendum need to be sent in if an applicant applies to a school that was not listed in this section after receiving a fee waiver or having a change of heart etc.?

WhiteyCakes

Re: Addendum?

Postby WhiteyCakes » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:54 am

I would guess no...you're not bound by anything and they will never check on this.

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:54 am

dip_spLitter wrote:Many schools ask to which other schools an applicant has applied or intends to apply. Does an additional addendum need to be sent in if an applicant applies to a school that was not listed in this section after receiving a fee waiver or having a change of heart etc.?

I wouldn't - your app was true at the time it was submitted.

dextermorgan

Postby dextermorgan » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:58 am

I would think a "hey, I applied to this other school" message would raise some red flags. FWIW I applied last minute to a school I hadn't previously listed and never notified anyone (although I ended up not attending the last minute school, or the stupid one that required a list).

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:09 pm

Those questions are usually optional. You can give them a complete list or no list, or anything in between. They use it to see which schools applicants view as peer schools, as well as yield protect a bit in the extreme cases.

In short, don't send in the addendum.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”