Dumb Question about Admissions and Travel

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
elbowgrease

Dumb Question about Admissions and Travel

Postby elbowgrease » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:33 pm

I feel like if I did enough research I'd be able to answer this question, but I'm not sure where to start.

After I turn in my law school apps (Early January, after the December LSAT scores come out), I want to do some solo travel stuff. However, I know that some schools will do phone interviews. Will traveling hamper the admissions process at all? (I expect to have access to the internet a few days a week and will definitely have an international sim card.)

I'm applying to T-14 schools and UCLA.

Thanks in advance!

gaud

Re: Dumb Question about Admissions and Travel

Postby gaud » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:53 pm

I only have limited experience with applying to T14s but I'd assume you'll be fine for the most part.

Go have fun traveling!

sinfiery

Postby sinfiery » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:20 pm

Harvard requires an interview (over skype) that you can apparently schedule within a 2 week period so they are very flexible.

I believe you receive an email asking you to do this.

NU offers a chance to sign up for an interview on campus/off campus. It isn't required but if you plan on doing it, I would sign up for it now. Maybe get it done between taking your test and receiving your score.

I've seen random people receive emails saying the dean at xx school in the T14 want to further talk to you about your application or something. It's rare but be on the lookout for it.

Past that, you should be set. Have fun.

elbowgrease

Postby elbowgrease » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:23 pm

Thank you!

Lavitz

Postby Lavitz » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:27 am

sinfiery wrote:Harvard requires an interview (over skype) that you can apparently schedule within a 2 week period so they are very flexible.

I believe you receive an email asking you to do this.

NU offers a chance to sign up for an interview on campus/off campus. It isn't required but if you plan on doing it, I would sign up for it now. Maybe get it done between taking your test and receiving your score.

I've seen random people receive emails saying the dean at xx school in the T14 want to further talk to you about your application or something. It's rare but be on the lookout for it.

Past that, you should be set. Have fun.

Chicago also does some Skype interviews now. Like Harvard, they seem to be flexible about scheduling--allowing 2 weeks to set up a time.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”