Calling admissions office to reiterate interest Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
OscarVeal

New

Calling admissions office to reiterate interest

Post by OscarVeal » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:45 pm

Does anyone have any experiences with this that they can share? Any advice? Specifically, what to say, whom to ask to speak with, etc.

I'm thinking about calling the admissions office at my top-choice school. My application has been complete/under review for several weeks. I also wrote a Why X essay explicitly stating it was my first choice.

orbbs

New

Re: Calling admissions office to reiterate interest

Post by orbbs » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:49 pm

Chill and wait. Reiterate interest if waitlisted. We are still quite early in the cycle.

Kurst

Bronze

Post by Kurst » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:55 pm

OscarVeal wrote:Does anyone have any experiences with this that they can share? Any advice? Specifically, what to say, whom to ask to speak with, etc.

I'm thinking about calling the admissions office at my top-choice school. My application has been complete/under review for several weeks. I also wrote a Why X essay explicitly stating it was my first choice.
Call them once a week or so, and cheerfully advise them that while you have been admitted to other outstanding law schools such as Villanova, you are not keen to enroll at a law school that has been reprimanded by the ABA for fabricating admissions data or that has published misleading employment information.

Teflon_Don

Bronze

Post by Teflon_Don » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:16 pm

Kurst wrote:
OscarVeal wrote:Does anyone have any experiences with this that they can share? Any advice? Specifically, what to say, whom to ask to speak with, etc.

Call them once a week or so, and cheerfully advise them that while you have been admitted to other outstanding law schools such as Villanova, you are not keen to enroll at a law school that has been reprimanded by the ABA for fabricating admissions data or that has published misleading employment information.
This. I would call them once a week or once every other week. Send 1-2 emails in between each call to show your continued interest.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:19 pm

Teflon_Don wrote:
Kurst wrote:

This. I would call them once a week or once every other week. Send 1-2 emails in between each call to show your continued interest.
Maybe some flowers or a nice box of chocolates once in a while. Only like every 2 weeks, though. You don't want to overwhelm them.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

wert3813

Silver

Post by wert3813 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:28 am

Last edited by wert3813 on Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

orbbs

New

Post by orbbs » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:43 am

wert3813 wrote:OP sometime people get in by doing really creative stuff. Maybe send just a short reason of why they should take you to them each morning. Important to be creative & original though. Oh and check for the email address of the actual Dean of Admissions. Make sure you don't send it to the general account as that could get lost in the shuffle. This will show initiative as well. Good luck!
Quality trolling if intentional. If not, still quality trolling.

elcee1987

New

Post by elcee1987 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:34 am

It doesn't hurt to offer a veiled bribe as well. Deans are always open to sports game tickets or vacation packages.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”