C&f freak out after deferring!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sums

C&f freak out after deferring!

Postby sums » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:32 am

Hi all,
So I am currently deferred at a lower t14. A few years ago I received an infraction for not carrying a drivers license. I paid the $10 dismissal fee and it was all dismissed. It was simple and stupid, so I never even thought to disclose it when I applied

The school I'm deferred at doesn't even ask to disclose minor traffic violations, but some of the other schools I applied to asked and I said no. But I don't even know if no was the wrong response, as it was a non-moving violation and was dismissed.

Is it worth speaking to admissions next week or am I okay?

Thanks!

Lawquacious

Re: C&f freak out after deferring!

Postby Lawquacious » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:28 am

Last edited by Lawquacious on Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lawquacious

Postby Lawquacious » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:29 am

If they didn't ask for it don't disclose it. Your conscience is nagging you, so in general you probably should have disclosed for the schools that did ask (technically, you definitely should have). But IMO that is irrelevant now. Don't worry about it is my opinion, since you weren't required to disclose for this school anyway. In the future I would bear in mind the fact that this is haunting you (ie. have strong preference for honesty), but there are also practical realities to consider in making various disclosures or lack thereof (ie. if livelihood v. relative scrupulousity is question, choose livelihood if possible).

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:47 am

No cause for worry.

sums

Postby sums » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:50 am

Thanks guys!

To be honest it's not haunting my conscious. I honestly didn't know it was still in my traffic records.
I was told when I paid the dismissal fee that it wouldn't be. I know my insurance never found out and I've seen my employee background checks which all were clean and never mentioned it. I was really under the impression that it wasn't really an issue until this week when another friend of mine had the same incident. So that's why I started to worry.

Thank you for your responses though!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”