C&F - minor provincial infraction

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
VeeD101

C&F - minor provincial infraction

Postby VeeD101 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:18 pm

I just got a ticket for crossing the rail tracks from one platform to the other - I know it was really stupid and I'm trying to get the ticket cancelled. But if I don't manage that and have to pay the fine:

I understand that I have to report it on my c&f. Would I have to answer 'yes' to the following question or do I just include an addendum to explain the situation?

Have you ever, either as an adult or a juvenile, been cited, arrested, taken into custody, charged with, indicted, convicted or tried for, or pleaded guilty to the commission of any felony or misdemeanor or the violation of any law, except minor parking or traffic violations, or been the subject of any juvenile delinquency or youthful offender proceeding?

Also if I do get the ticket thrown out / cancelled, do I still have to report anything?

Thanks!

gaud

Re: C&F - minor provincial infraction

Postby gaud » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:27 pm

I don't know.

I'd report it anyways, just to be safe. Schools aren't going to care about something like that.

VeeD101

Postby VeeD101 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:32 pm

Should I answer 'yes' and report it or just with an addendum?

keitare

Postby keitare » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:29 am

Yes report it, even if you get the ticket canceled it still says cited in the question which you posted. You were cited. Just answer yes and in the addendum explain it. Something that minor they most likely won't care about it. But it is better to be safe and report it then not.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”