Apply to schools now or in February? Retaking LSAT in Feb.

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Yakitate
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:31 am

Apply to schools now or in February? Retaking LSAT in Feb.

Postby Yakitate » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:49 am

I have a 160 right now, and I'm currently registered to retake the LSAT in February. I'm positive I will score much better in February. I'm aiming for T14.

If I submit all my applications NOW, will schools reject me or wait-list me before I retake the February LSAT, or will they wait to make a decision if they notice that I'm registered to retake the LSAT in Feb? As it stands, I'm currently at a disadvantage because of my low LSAT score, and if I submit my apps right now, I'm afraid I'll get rejected before they even consider my retake score after February. The advantage (I think) of applying now is that my application would get in their hands much earlier than if I apply around February when there are much less spaces available. That way, they could at least consider my application earlier in the cycle and possibly wait-list me until they get my improved LSAT score from February, but I'm totally guessing here.

What do you guys suggest?

Waiting to reapply during the next application cycle is currently not an option for me.

User avatar
geary86
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:09 pm

Re: Apply to schools now or in February? Retaking LSAT in Feb.

Postby geary86 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:58 am

Yakitate wrote:I have a 160 right now, and I'm currently registered to retake the LSAT in February. I'm positive I will score much better in February. I'm aiming for T14.

If I submit all my applications NOW, will schools reject me or wait-list me before I retake the February LSAT, or will they wait to make a decision if they notice that I'm registered to retake the LSAT in Feb? As it stands, I'm currently at a disadvantage because of my low LSAT score, and if I submit my apps right now, I'm afraid I'll get rejected before they even consider my retake score after February. The advantage (I think) of applying now is that my application would get in their hands much earlier than if I apply around February when there are much less spaces available. That way, they could at least consider my application earlier in the cycle and possibly wait-list me until they get my improved LSAT score from February, but I'm totally guessing here.

What do you guys suggest?

Waiting to reapply during the next application cycle is currently not an option for me.


As far as I know, schools will not consider your application "complete" as long as they know that you are registered to retake the LSAT.

This means that they won't consider your application earlier in the cycle unless you explicitly state that you want them to take a look with your current score.

Normally, by the time they receive your February LSAT score, not many spots will be available. But with the number of applicants decreasing at a historic rate, many schools will probably be forced to take February LSAT takers seriously (This is entirely my speculation though).

Good luck! :D

User avatar
loomstate
Posts: 375
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:07 am

Re: Apply to schools now or in February? Retaking LSAT in Feb.

Postby loomstate » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:53 am

tag

klipsch3212
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:44 pm

Re: Apply to schools now or in February? Retaking LSAT in Feb.

Postby klipsch3212 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:50 pm

I am also retaking the LSATs in february since I felt that I was not sufficiently prepared for December (Only a month after I got back my results)

Assuming I have all my apps in before then, how badly will this affect the admission decision?




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: hoy456, Lawl_Schoolz, sarasashasara and 5 guests