Status checker?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
bobbypin
Posts: 256
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:50 pm

Status checker?

Postby bobbypin » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:59 pm

This is my first rodeo. What is this status checker I have heard about?

User avatar
sinfiery
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: Status checker?

Postby sinfiery » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:00 pm

phew.

I didn't want to have to make this thread.

in for answers

User avatar
orbbs
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:44 pm

Re: Status checker?

Postby orbbs » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:04 pm

bobbypin wrote:This is my first rodeo. What is this status checker I have heard about?


When you apply to schools they will send you log in info for a status checker that will let you know things like when your application is complete and for some schools when a decision has been made/what that decision is.

They also update the dates occasionally, which some people track and try to use to predict when a decision will be sent, but that is a bit like divination.

Edit: if you want a tool to track all your status checkers automatically this occasionally works: --LinkRemoved--

User avatar
bobbypin
Posts: 256
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: Status checker?

Postby bobbypin » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:08 pm

Thanks orbs!

User avatar
sinfiery
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: Status checker?

Postby sinfiery » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:10 pm

Any idea how long it usually takes to get emailed this login information from when you checkout?

User avatar
orbbs
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:44 pm

Re: Status checker?

Postby orbbs » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:27 pm

sinfiery wrote:Any idea how long it usually takes to get emailed this login information from when you checkout?


I got all mine within a couple business days of submitting, but I've heard of some schools taking a week or two, especially now that things are more busy.

User avatar
sinfiery
Posts: 3308
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:55 am

Re: Status checker?

Postby sinfiery » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:36 am

orbbs wrote:
sinfiery wrote:Any idea how long it usually takes to get emailed this login information from when you checkout?


I got all mine within a couple business days of submitting, but I've heard of some schools taking a week or two, especially now that things are more busy.

I see, thanks.

I submitted my first app mid-friday so that makes sense.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Status checker?

Postby 09042014 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:39 am





Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: sarasashasara, Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests