How early can you submit applications?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
gobosox

How early can you submit applications?

Postby gobosox » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:50 pm

I assume this would depend on the Law School, but if I wanted to submit an application in July of 2013 for admission in Fall of 2014, could (or should) I do that? I graduated a couple of years ago and am taking the LSATs in February. Any guidance on the process would be appreciated!

(Note: I ask not because I'm neurotic, but because I'm in the military and will be deployed throughout the entire application period-- I could work on them while deployed, but it would be pretty tough.)

nickb285

Re: How early can you submit applications?

Postby nickb285 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:58 pm

Most schools will tell you when applications open. Generally it's September 1, October 1, or thereabouts. There may be some that accept applications as early as you're talking about, but I don't know of any offhand.

gobosox

Postby gobosox » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:40 pm

Do they come out earlier? Could I do them all in July and then just hit effectively "submit" in October?

WhiskeynCoke

Postby WhiskeynCoke » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:46 pm

Schools usually don't have their applications available until August at the earliest and almost all don't start accepting them until September/October. Just have every part of your application ready and uploaded to LSAC before you deploy (Transcripts, LSAT, LOR's, Personal Statement, addendum etc.). Everything else is done exclusively through the internet and doesn't take very long (only a few minutes) because of LSAC's "flex app," which essentially allows you to fill out one application for many schools (by copy/pasting your info for you onto each form).

ddacey

Postby ddacey » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:17 pm

B

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”