CAS Academic Summary Mistake Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jenglish27

New

CAS Academic Summary Mistake

Post by jenglish27 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:29 pm

Hey all!

Long time lurker, first time poster. I was motivated to finally post something because unfortunately I just noticed a bit of a problem with my academic summary. When LSAC was summarizing my transcripts, they accidentally counted a few courses I took during high school twice, once for the correct term (07-08 and 08-09) and once for my first year at college, when those credits were actually applied to my degree (09-10). I totally understand how they made the mistake, because the transcript lists the courses twice and is really confusing, so definitely no ill will towards LSAC for making a mistake. What I'm wondering is there anything I can do about this? Does anyone have experience trying to fix a problem with their summary?

It's the not the end of the world (it only brings down my GPA a few tenths of a point) but I'd definitely prefer law schools to see my real GPA.

Thanks in advance! :)

florida1949

Bronze

Re: CAS Academic Summary Mistake

Post by florida1949 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:31 pm

a few tenths of a point? or do you mean hundredths?

3.4 --> 3.2 would be a few tenths and would be a huge deal

jenglish27

New

Re: CAS Academic Summary Mistake

Post by jenglish27 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:35 pm

florida1949 wrote:a few tenths of a point? or do you mean hundredths?

3.4 --> 3.2 would be a few tenths and would be a huge deal
Whoops. Good catch! That would certainly have worried me a bunch more haha. Yeah its only a few hundredths, about .07 to be exact (by my calculations anyways).

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”