Personalized CRS Email - Do you respond? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
NewYorkL

Bronze

Personalized CRS Email - Do you respond?

Post by NewYorkL » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:23 pm

I first received one with my GPA/LSAT on the email and scholarship info. Did not think anything of it.

Then I received an email from the same school asking if I received their email (they gave the date they sent it) and said that they did not hear from me so that is why they are following up.

Was I supposed to respond?

Did you guys receive emails such as this and respond to it?

annet

Bronze

Re: Personalized CRS Email - Do you respond?

Post by annet » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:27 pm

NewYorkL wrote:I first received one with my GPA/LSAT on the email and scholarship info. Did not think anything of it.

Then I received an email from the same school asking if I received their email (they gave the date they sent it) and said that they did not hear from me so that is why they are following up.

Got the same email, it's just a well thought out merge from a giant spreadsheet. We do the same thing were I work now and it's a great way to increase the response/open rate on an email.

No need to respond (unless you want to go to Florida Coastal).

NewYorkL

Bronze

Post by NewYorkL » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:33 pm

I just find it as weird type of email. It kind of made me guilty for a second :|

annet

Bronze

Post by annet » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:44 pm

NewYorkL wrote:I just find it as weird type of email. It kind of made me guilty for a second :|
I had the same initial reaction. Whoever does their admissions materials should get a gold star - I opened it, read it, squinted at it, and paid attention to it :D Marketing genius considering most of us are getting a many of these a day from low-ranked schools.

sanjola

Bronze

Post by sanjola » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:27 pm

Wormfather wrote:Candy sounds so sad when she talks about not hearing from me.
:lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NewYorkL

Bronze

Post by NewYorkL » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:59 pm

annet wrote:
NewYorkL wrote:I just find it as weird type of email. It kind of made me guilty for a second :|
I had the same initial reaction. Whoever does their admissions materials should get a gold star - I opened it, read it, squinted at it, and paid attention to it :D Marketing genius considering most of us are getting a many of these a day from low-ranked schools.

I guess its genius if it works. I just think it sounds a little desperate. I don't think it is an attractive quality to go to a law school that is desperate for applicants.

dextermorgan

Silver

Post by dextermorgan » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:43 pm

Lol, you'll get lots of these. You should print them out so you can flush them down the toilet, take a picture of it going down, and then send it back to them for wasting your time.

emzizzle

New

Post by emzizzle » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:11 pm

annet wrote:
NewYorkL wrote:I first received one with my GPA/LSAT on the email and scholarship info. Did not think anything of it.

Got the same email, it's just a well thought out merge from a giant spreadsheet. We do the same thing were I work now and it's a great way to increase the response/open rate on an email.

No need to respond (unless you want to go to Florida Coastal).
Last year when I got a couple of super passive aggressive guilt-trip emails from Florida Coastal, I decided to respond... Mentioned that I'd be interested in applying to Florida Coastal because of the scholarships, but the only problem is that I don't want to live in Florida. I asked what the employment rate was for students who left Florida after graduating.

... Never heard back from them. Was that a dick move? I was legitimately curious to hear their stats, though.

Bottom line is that Candy will get over it eventually.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”