LSAC Forum = T14 Waivers? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
MustacheMarshall

New

LSAC Forum = T14 Waivers?

Post by MustacheMarshall » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:11 am

I know that most people on here believe that attending an LSAC Forum is pretty pointless, but I was wondering if anyone has ever gone and had some luck getting fee waivers from T14 schools?

Specifically Columbia, NYU or Penn? Those are the last three schools I'm waiting on for waivers, and getting just one there would more than cover the gas expense.

What do you think? Worth it?

changingofthegarrard

New

Re: LSAC Forum = T14 Waivers?

Post by changingofthegarrard » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:29 am

I was in the same boat as you a few months ago, I was trying to get T-14 waivers. I ended up going and tried to spend time talking with the reps for Columbia, NYU, Penn, and Cornell since those were the only T-14 schools that didn't give me a fee waiver. Idk if talking with them helped but I did end up getting waivers to Columbia, Penn, and NYU but nothing from Cornell. If you don't have anything better to do I don't see how it could hurt.

joedf

Bronze

Post by joedf » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:36 am

I did go to a recent forum, although I already had fee waivers from Columbia and NYU.

As for Penn, I asked her if they were available, and she said that CRS took care of everything automatically, and she didn't have any to give. That said, she asked me what my LSAT and GPA were, and told me promptly that I should have gotten one given my stats. "If you don't receive one within a few days, we have started sending out the fee waivers after the October exam, so contact admissions via email and we'll get a waiver for you."

I ended up getting the email two days after, unprompted, I guess it was just part of a later email batch.

Regarding other T14 schools - I do have a friend who has not yet taken the LSAT, but has a high GPA, and he was able to request a fee waiver from Virginia successfully at the forum. Chicago, however, was CRS-only, nothing to give. That came in an email a day or two ago though, I think.

MustacheMarshall

New

Post by MustacheMarshall » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:41 am

Thank you for the quick responses!

You guys have given me some hope, so I'll definitely attend on Saturday and talk to those reps.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”