Law School Application Fee Waivers

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
grahamkellis

Law School Application Fee Waivers

Postby grahamkellis » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:07 pm

So I realize that obviously you can get your Application Fee waived for financial reasons, but after taking the LSAT and doing fairly well my inbox was littered with Application Fee Waivers from various schools. However, even though most of these schools are better (ranked higher/more selective) I didn't receive one from a particular school I was interested in. Anyone know if there is any kosher way to send them my LSAT score or anything in order to try to get a waiver? I realize this is unlikely, but on the off chance that someone has some advice thought I'd give it a shot! Thanks.

(Also, if you're going to be a smart ass, no need to respond.)

Re: Law School Application Fee Waivers

Postby 2014 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:12 pm

Here is what I used. It worked for a few schools, none reacted rudely or anything.

Hello,

I am currently in the process of working on applications to law school and [yourawesomeschool] is a school of great interest to me. Applying to law schools can be quite costly and I wanted to ask about the possibility of a merit based fee waiver. My LSDAS GPA is [belowyourmediansadface], my LSAT score is [aboveit] and my LSAC number is: [numberhere]. I appreciate your consideration and I hope to hear from you soon.

Best,

grahamkellis

Re: Law School Application Fee Waivers

Postby grahamkellis » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:35 pm

2014 wrote:Here is what I used. It worked for a few schools, none reacted rudely or anything.

Hello,

I am currently in the process of working on applications to law school and [yourawesomeschool] is a school of great interest to me. Applying to law schools can be quite costly and I wanted to ask about the possibility of a merit based fee waiver. My LSDAS GPA is [belowyourmediansadface], my LSAT score is [aboveit] and my LSAC number is: [numberhere]. I appreciate your consideration and I hope to hear from you soon.

Best,

Sauve. Thanks a lot, I'll hope for the best! Much appreciated.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”